School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Conduct a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project at Duke University.
- Conduct a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development and implementation of original experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation, and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Review journals, abstracts, and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train, and instruct residents, interns, students or lower-level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires four years of research experience. A related master's OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two-year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Oem Clinical Faculty, Employee Occupational Health & Wellness, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:DukeUniv -EOHW -CLIFAC [#18558] Position Title: Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Occupational and Environmental Health Appl Deadline:...
Non Regular Rank Faculty, Fuqua School of Business, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Fuqua -NRRFACULTY [#18541] Position Title: Position Type:Non-regular rank faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Management ...
Research And Instructional Librarian, School of Law, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Law -RIL [#18534, RESINLIB] Position Title: Position Type:Administration Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Law Appl Deadline:202...
Assistant Professor Of The Practice Of Medical Education, Medical Education Administration, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -MedEdAdmin -APOPMEA [#18482, 24606] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Med...
Data Scientist, Pratt School of Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Pratt School of Engineering -DA1 [#18583, 1826] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Engineerin...
Assistant Research Professor, Biomedical Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -ARPGERSBACH4721 [#18431] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedica...