Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Financial Aid Team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Financial Aid Specialist position.
Primary Function : Analyze family and student financial and demographic data from tax returns and needs analysis document to determine eligibility for financial assistance by applying a complex body of knowledge. Ability to operate in a high risk and highly regulated area.
- Performing Financial Aid processes to include:
- Point of contact for student inquires/questions, processes incoming documents, CRM Tasks from internal customers
- Determines student eligibility for federal, state and University sponsored programs. Compares data from student’s application, such as proposed budget, family income, or transcript of grades, with eligibility requirements of assistance program.
- Monitors student financial aid funds and makes appropriate adjustments for the prevention of over cost or over need situations.
- Professional Judgement and Customer Service:
- Resolves problems, revises aid and informs students of their status and the impact of changes with regard to their financial aid packages for an assigned case load.
- Examines financial aid documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides customer service to internal/external customers regarding student status and completed within written timeframes.
- Reads, interprets, and applies Title IV regulations.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in financial processing or related field. Education may be substituted for experience.
- Intermediate data entry skills required with the ability to input and access a variety of computer systems.
- Excellent attention to detail to find discrepancies in information.
- Basic arithmetic skills to solve problems and calculate financial awards and contracts.
- Must be detailed orientated, with the ability to ensure accurate and quality work within prescribed timeframe.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong written communications skills required with the ability to use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as well as establish effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Commitment to quality and personal ethics to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in using computer software, databases, internet, spreadsheets and word-processing, experience with PeopleSoft CRM/ERP preferred.
- Requires the ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality in the handling of account and student information
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Director Of Athletic Compliance, Creighton University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Reports to the General Counsel and assists the Athletic Director in the overall organization and administration of the University’s intercollegiate athletic program. As a member of the senior lead...
Associate Professor & Chair Clinical Research, Creighton University, United States, 3 days ago
Associate Dean for Clinical Research and Public Health Chair of the Department of Clinical Research Reporting to the Dean of the School of Medicine the position will provide leadership, guidance a...
Senior Auditor Internal Audit, Creighton University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Be a part of something exciting and position yourself for the future! Bring your knowledge, skills and passion to Creighton University and help us to lead, inspire, and make an impact on campus an...
Director Of Quantitative Reasoning, Mathematics, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Director of Quantitative Reasoning is a new and innovative position housed within the Department of Mathematics that, to some degree, the candidate will help define. Directorship duties range ...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Mathematical Statistics And Data Science, Mathematics, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Nebraska invites applications for 2 tenure-track assistant professors with an anticipated start date of August 17, 2020. One position is in Math...
Dispatcher, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, about 23 hours ago
Requisition Details Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: Staff_9731 Department Public Safety 50000755 Business Unit Business & Finance Reg-Temp Full-Time Regular Work Schedule Day, evening, nigh...