||UU Student - Admin/Clerical
|Patient Sensitive Job Code?
||Non Benefited Staff / Student
|Standard Hours per Week
|Full Time or Part Time?
|Work Schedule Summary
We are able to work around class schedules each semester.
|Is this a work study job?
||00033 - Executive Education
||Salt Lake City, UT
|Type of Recruitment
|Pay Rate Range
||$10 - $12/hour depending on experience
The David Eccles School of Business, Executive Education has an opening for a Marketing Assistant for the MBA Programs (including the Full-Time MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA, and MBA Online) and our open enrollment and custom programs. The Marketing Assistant will assist the marketing team with data entry, copywriting, social media, web development and design, and event scheduling communication.
• Assist Marketing Coordinator with the development and administration of the Executive Education webpages and social media presence
• Assist with the social media campaigns and presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Monitor the impact of social media campaigns, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in order to make adjustments for maximum results
• Assist Marketing Coordinator with scheduling marketing communications and recruiting events by updating websites, calendars, and other platforms accordingly
• Analyze, monitor, track, and evaluate marketing efforts for effectiveness, including analysis of the analytics and metrics of emails and marketing text messages
• Edit copy and make updates for department marketing projects such as publications, advertisements, and promotional brochures and fliers
• Conduct market research and recommend strategies, promotional materials, vendors and communication methods that will best serve the needs and interests of the program
• Assist with informational recruiting events
• Data entry and report generation using the customer relationship management tool, Salesforce
• Assist and support Marketing team, with marketing related duties as assigned, including but not limited to photocopying, name tag creation, and basic office duties
• Perform other job-related duties or requests as assigned
• Must be a current University of Utah student. High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Professional attire required when on-campus.
• Ability to work in high-stress situations and without supervision.
• Professional phone etiquette.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
Able to lift, carry, and move 20 lbs. and stand for an extended period of time in preparation for events.
• General awareness of marketing trends and platforms
• Extremely computer literate including full knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to learn and use new databases and technology quickly, and create/pull reports.
• Ability to follow established procedures, and recommend changes as needed to increase efficiency
• Customer/Client service orientation and focus
• Driven to meet or exceed consumer expectations
• Understand the target audience for each social media account, posting interesting, relevant and timely content that supports department goals
• Detail-focused and precise, especially for database work, calendar management, and scheduling
• Must demonstrate “ownership” and initiative for achieving outcomes
• Critical thinking, common sense, and good judgement; not afraid to ask questions
• Graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or web editing and development experience is a plus.
|Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “email@example.com” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.