Campus Tour Guide - Student (Summer) -
: Adm & Recruit - Visitor Center
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: August 20, 2020 – May 14, 2021
Salary Range: Up to $10.00 based on experince
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
OU Admissions & Recruitment works to bring in the next generation of Sooners. Our team operates from Norman as well as across the state, nation and world. We provide support to incoming domestic and international freshman and transfer students as they navigate the college application and decision process. Additionally, we partner with parents, counselors, and communities in providing resources to students interested in higher education. Our goal is to build a vibrant, inclusive community on campus by recruiting students with diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, and involvement.
We’re currently looking for several new student employees in our office to serve as Campus Tour Guides for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Campus Tour Guides are responsible for a variety of duties within the Office of Admissions & Recruitment. Roles will rotate on a daily basis.
Tour Guide roles will include the following:
- Giving 90-minute walking campus tours throughout the week to various groups of prospective students, families, as well as other campus guests.
- Providing unsurpassed customer service to all campus visitors, faculty, staff, and partners at the University of Oklahoma.
- Maintaining an inclusive welcoming environment for everyone visiting campus.
- Serving as ambassadors of the University of Oklahoma while hosting many guests at recruiting events and programs. Guides will be expected to uphold the values and integrity of the Office of Admissions & Recruitment and the University of Oklahoma.
- Facilitating various conversations and presentations with prospective students, families, and guests.
- Being knowledgeable and informed regarding several functions of OU, including: college admissions process, all academic programs, leadership and involvement opportunities on campus, campus living, freshman year experiences, the transition to college, etc.
- Managing and completing daily Tour Office tasks and making sure students and families receive materials and information for the day.
- Communicating additionally to prospective students through email, phone calls, and personal meetings.
- Attending and participating in regularly scheduled staff training, development, and meetings.
- Adhering to all University of Oklahoma campus policies and adhere to the OU Student Code of Conduct (ou.edu/studentlife/studenthandbook).
- Completing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in as a f ull-time student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020 class schedule
- Tour Guides must either be a rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing to apply and work for this position.
- Applicants should be comfortable speaking in front of groups of various sizes (large and small) and be able to engage in conversations with people of various backgrounds.
- Applicants should have a desire to work with a diverse group of fellow students in a team environment.
- Applicants should be flexible to adapt in various situations and be able to quickly think on their feet.
- Applicants need to be highly motivated, organized, timely, welcoming, and familiar with the OU campus and resources.
- Applicants should be in good academic standing with the University of Oklahoma.
- Each applicant will be subject to background checks and Student Misconduct check per the Minors on Campus Policy. Guides will not be hired until completed.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to crouch, pull, push, reach, stand, engage in repetitive motions, grasp, walk, feel, touch, speak, hear and see.
- Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 30lbs
- Must be able to spend extended hours indoors and outdoors for work
- Employment is for 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Students may be able to start in May 2020 and work May 2020 - August 2020 depending on their availability over the summer.
- Applicants should be willing to work at least one shift each semester.
If you have any questions about the Campus Tour Guide position or would like more information about the Office of Admissions & Recruitment, please contact Marissa Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-325-1616.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Mar 13, 2020