Team Lead, International Student Recruitment & Partnership Development
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
SAIT’s International Centre is hiring a Team Lead, International Student Recruitment & Partnership Development. Studying abroad is an incredible — and sometimes daunting — experience. If you have a passion for guiding students to new opportunities, and have experience supporting and mentoring international students, we want to meet you.
Don’t miss out, apply today.
Reporting to the Associate Director of the International Centre, the incumbent provides support and carries out strategic directions established by the Director. You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the International Student Recruitment team.
You will participate in creating goals and objectives for the department and will oversee the development and implementation of recruitment strategies to grow and diversify our international learners. You will provide leadership within the International Centre that aligns with the International Centre’s key priorities and the SAIT Education Plan. Additionally, you will be primarily responsible for the development, execution and management of the comprehensive international student recruitment plan, as well as support and provide oversight for the recruitment team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning and implementation of the international recruitment plan;
- Mentor, train and support staff in achieving team and personal performance objectives aligned with departmental and divisional priorities supporting the Strategic Plans as well as the SAIT Educational Plan;
- Analyze the results of the departmental key performance indicators, recommend strategies for improvement and manage individual and team performances to meet desired objectives;
- Manage the student recruitment portfolio including staff
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in International Relations, International Communications, International Business, etc. Masters in a related field would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in International Education, in a post-secondary setting.
- Knowledge of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) international student program.
- RISIA certification or RCIC would be considered an asset.
- Willingness to work evenings or weekends as required. International travel will be required for this position.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
APT: This position is union exempt in our Administration, Professional and Technical group
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req1232||Job Location||Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta|
|Job Classification||APT||Job Type||Permanent Salary|
Position End Date
# of Positions
|The compensation range||0.00 - 0.00 Salary||
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req1232
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: Supervisor
- Job Type: Permanent Salary
- Employee Group: APT
- Position End Date:
- Department: International Centre
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: October 25, 2019 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
Student Event Organizers, Mount Royal University, Canada, about 11 hours ago
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a dis...