Analytics & Inst Research
Research Analysts in KU Analytics & Institutional Research (AIR) support University units in developing dashboard tools to provide key insights to leaders regarding a specific line of business. They work with Business Intelligence (BI) Analysts and the unit(s) they serve to develop data analysis and reporting solutions that are meaningful and allow units to make data informed decisions. It is critical that Research Analysts have an understanding of and interest in the specific business line they support, in this case primarily financial related data. They work with end users to ensure data is pulled from the correct location and assist BI Analysts with validation strategies. Finally, Research Analysts must philosophically support an iterative or agile methodology of design and development, while staying mindful of deadlines.
Business Requirements Definition (25%)
- Works with internal and external customers to gather and validate requirements.
- Develops and writes business requirements for the design of BI solutions (dashboards, reports, and other analytics tools).
- Assists campus customers with defining key performance indicators.
- Works with BI analysts and end users to develop quality assurance protocols and testing scripts, serving as a Subject Matter Expert in their assigned subject areas.
- Helps identify business problems and creates dashboards to analyze those problems on behalf of customers.
- Works directly with operational managers to develop tools to monitor the efficiency/effectiveness of their unit and to prioritize workload based on priority/SLA indicators.
- Mines data to look for trends and presents findings to University leaders.
- Searches for inconsistent or incorrect data and works with BI Analysts/ETL Developers to develop cleansing strategies.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jeanette Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of a cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, resume, and three professional references. Applicants are also encouraged to submit, attach, or discuss examples of prior reporting/data analysis work products, as proprietary restrictions permit.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. An online University of Kansas application must be completed to be considered for this position.
Apply on or before May 30, 2019 to be considered. Review of applications will begin May 31, 2019.
Advertised Salary Range
$47,493-$71,240 - based on qualifications
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu , 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Associate Director For Research, American Geophysical Union, United States, 23 days ago
Associate Director for Research Kansas Geological Survey The Kansas Geological Survey at the University of Kansas is seeking an Associate Director for Research The Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) s...
Applied Geophysicist Assistant Professor, American Geophysical Union, United States, 26 days ago
The Department of Geology at the University of Kansas seeks applications for a 9-month, tenure-track, faculty position in the broad field of Applied Geophysics. We seek an outstanding colleague wh...