|Job Type:||Full Time|
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs. The Administrative Assistant is immediately responsible to the Vice President for Student Affairs for a variety of administrative and clerical support duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Receive visitors, answer telephone calls, and provide appropriate information and assistance to faculty and staff members, students, visitors, and callers.
- Assist the Vice President with high-level interactions within the campus community, and assist with highly confidential and critical academic and/or administrative matters.
- Assist the Vice-President, Director of Student Activities, Director of Advisement and Testing, College Police Department, and Executive Director of Financial Aid and Student Affairs with correspondence as needed
- Prepare and manage purchase requisitions for various Student Affairs departments as needed
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the monthly purchasing card on the TGM system
- Perform routine word processing and electronic data management tasks.
- Manage and maintain a general filing system
- Assist with the coordination of annual commencement ceremony activities
- Maintain weekly schedules for Student Affairs leadership staff
- Assist the Vice President with the management of annual departmental budgets
- Assist with the management of pertinent college catalog and calendar information
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deadline to apply is March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Bachelor’s degree *and* One (1) year of work related experience OR Associate Degree in Business Administrative Technology *and* Two (2) years of work related experience.
Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Prior experience working for the State of Georgia or prior experience as an administrative assistant; previous experience working with student records and knowledge of federal privacy laws; three (3) years work experience in a student affairs office or department is a plus; working knowledge of BANNER INB, TGM, Degreeworks and Microsoft Office products
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Official copies of
transcripts may be sent directly to:
Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or electronically to email@example.com.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
|Apply To This Job|
Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Professor Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Marketing & Business Analytics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Faculty Jo...
Director, Student Disability Services, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Director, Student Disability Services Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Dean Of Campus Life & Student Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commer...
University Space Planning & Utilization Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title University Space Planning & Utilization Manager Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Avp-Business Administration Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, ...
Academic Advisor I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor I Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Academic Advising - Chssa Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
"Teacher In Residence" Physics Teacher Preparation Program Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title "Teacher In Residence" - Physics Teacher Preparation Program Manager Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Physics & Astronomy Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Locati...
Clinical Instructor (Psychology & Spec Ed / Part Time), Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Clinical Instructor (Psychology & Spec Ed / Part-Time) Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Psychology & Special Ed Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerc...