|Job Type:||Full Time|
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs. The Administrative Assistant is immediately responsible to the Vice President for Student Affairs for a variety of administrative and clerical support duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Receive visitors, answer telephone calls, and provide appropriate information and assistance to faculty and staff members, students, visitors, and callers.
- Assist the Vice President with high-level interactions within the campus community, and assist with highly confidential and critical academic and/or administrative matters.
- Assist the Vice-President, Director of Student Activities, Director of Advisement and Testing, College Police Department, and Executive Director of Financial Aid and Student Affairs with correspondence as needed
- Prepare and manage purchase requisitions for various Student Affairs departments as needed
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the monthly purchasing card on the TGM system
- Perform routine word processing and electronic data management tasks.
- Manage and maintain a general filing system
- Assist with the coordination of annual commencement ceremony activities
- Maintain weekly schedules for Student Affairs leadership staff
- Assist the Vice President with the management of annual departmental budgets
- Assist with the management of pertinent college catalog and calendar information
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deadline to apply is March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Bachelor’s degree *and* One (1) year of work related experience OR Associate Degree in Business Administrative Technology *and* Two (2) years of work related experience.
Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Prior experience working for the State of Georgia or prior experience as an administrative assistant; previous experience working with student records and knowledge of federal privacy laws; three (3) years work experience in a student affairs office or department is a plus; working knowledge of BANNER INB, TGM, Degreeworks and Microsoft Office products
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Official copies of
transcripts may be sent directly to:
Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
|Apply To This Job|
Assistant Director, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Fraternity & Sorority Life Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Fraternity & Sorority Life Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Te...
Director Of Annual Giving And Special Programs, Texas A&M University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title Director of Annual Giving and Special Programs Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Vice President of Institutional Advancement Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Loca...
Academic Advisor I, Texas A&M University, United States, 21 days ago
Job Title Academic Advisor I Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Academic Advising - Chssa Proposed Minimum Salary $2,517.67 monthly Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Athletics Compliance Officer, Texas A&M University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title Athletics Compliance Officer Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Athletics Proposed Minimum Salary $3,416.67 monthly Job Location Commerce, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descrip...
Competency Based Education Adjunct Faculty Baas Organizational Leadership, Texas A&M University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title Competency-Based Education Adjunct Faculty - BAAS - Organizational Leadership Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department University College Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Jo...
Senior Classification And Compensation Analyst, Texas A&M University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst Agency Texas A&M University - Commerce Department Human Resources Management Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Commerce, Te...