Competition No. - S103940612
Posting Date - Nov 12, 2019
Closing Date - Dec 06, 2019
Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded
Salary Range - $53,288 to $71,948 (pro-rated) per year
Grade - 07
Hours - 40.00
Located at Augustana Campus in Camrose, Alberta.
This position has an end date of one year from date of hire, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at Faculty & Staff Benefits .
The Facility Technician is responsible for making repairs and/or improvements, while maintaining the campus facilities and grounds to ensure the safety and comfort of our constituents and the public. This position will provide after hours facility support by being on-call, on a rotation with other technicians.
- Responds to maintenance/operational concerns and requests received via smart phone, verbally, in writing or through observation
- Prioritizes requests, investigates issues and ensures repairs are performed either by self or by the issuing of appropriate work orders
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks, such as minor electric and/or plumbing tasks, within a specified area
- Provides information and feedback regarding status of repairs, mechanical equipment shutdowns, service interruptions and other building mechanical and operational concerns to Facility Services Supervisor.
- Troubleshoots issues, assesses level of maintenance required, and performs basic trades-related duties to execute repairs and maintenance on various aspects of the buildings
- Performs inspections of mechanical rooms, fire sprinklers, emergency lights, low pressure hot water boilers, etc
- Acts as a liaison between building services staff, maintenance supervisor and other maintenance staff; resolves issues or refers to appropriate trades personnel as needed
- Maintains work order processing, project listings and daily activity logs, and provides information to supervisor for the area monthly reports
- Assists Facility Services Supervisor and Manager to identify Capital Expenditure requirements for the area
- Facilitates special events through setups and takedowns
- Responsible to ensure assigned roadways and walkways are cleared of snow and or ice
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented with a Power Engineering 5th Class Certificate or Building Operator Certificate
- Certificate from a vocational school in a trade related to the building industry
- Knowledge of WHMIS and First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence (GDL not acceptable)
- A working knowledge of computers and smart phones is an asset
- Grounds equipment and skid steer knowledge and certification is an asset
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Carpenter, University of Virginia, United States, 14 days ago
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Managemen...
Artificial Intelligence Based Smart Design For Conductive Pavement, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
TitleArtificial Intelligence based Smart Design for Conductive PavementDescriptionRecently, conductive pavement is being developed to reduce traffic issues such as road icing and to improve the su...
General Maintenance Mechanic (Tempe Campus), Arizona State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
59424BR Campus: Tempe General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Facilities Management, Tempe campus, seek a General Maintenance Mechanic whose maintenance background is in institutional, commer...
Facilities Operations Technician I Bof Central Area (Galveston) 69686, UTMB Health, United States, 16 days ago
Job ID 69686 Job Title Facilities Operations Technician I - BOF - Central Area (Galveston) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FACSV Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Mi...
Building Services & Maintenance Coordinator, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 16 days ago
Facilities Management Positioned in the hub of South Auckland, Manukau Institute of Technology prides itself on being a progressive and visionary employer providing high quality education and trai...
Facilities Operations Technician Ii Maintenance Offsite Clinics (League City) 68776, UTMB Health, United States, 16 days ago
Job ID 68776 Job Title Facilities Operations Technician II - Maintenance - Offsite Clinics (League City) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit FACSV Regular/Temporary Regular F...