AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Fully Funded (Home/Eu Rate) Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3.5 years in the first instance. EPSRC Studentship Full or fees-only award available to students who pay 'home rate' fees Starting date: Octo...
Uts Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
UTS offers merit-based Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship for commencing Study Abroad students. Selection is based on academic excellence in the most recently completed tertiary qualification rec...
Tuia Kia Tipu Award, Massey University, New Zealand, about 15 hours ago
Closing date: 24/11/2017 Purpose – This award was developed by the Tuia kia Tipu leadership group on the Manawatū campus to encourage the contribution new students can make to campus vibrancy and ...
Ph D Scholarship At The Department Of Economics, University Of Copenhagen (Ucph). Behavioral Responses To Health Innovations And The Consequences For Socioeconomic Outcomes., University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Department of Economics, UCPH, in connection with the project “Behavioral Responses to Health innovations and the Consequences for Socioeconom...
International Online Study Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
In Semester 3, 2017, the University of Southern Queensland will offer bursaries to a number of new international students who will be studying their program online. USQ believes support should be ...
Cruk Studentship Balasubramanian (Chemistry), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year PhD studentship in the group led by Professor Sir Shankar Balasubramanian, on a project that is multidisciplinary, exploiting both chemistry and biology to ex...