The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue. The Working Group on Impact Assessment at ZALF analyses options for more sustainable land and soil management.
We are looking for a motivated researcher to support the upcoming project “GONASIP: Governing multi-scale heterogeneities to activate natural carbon sink potentials”. The project analyses options for climate change mitigation in Germany through nature-based carbon dioxide removal (CDR). It analyses options for increasing soil carbon sequestration in agricultural fields, as well as on options for afforestation on municipal sites. Within the project, ZALF will conduct literature-based and a stakeholder-based impact assessments for a suite of natural CDR measures and policy options. A particular focus will be on impacts related to the supply of ecosystem services.
Subject to funding approval, we are offering a 65% part-time position temporarily limited until September, 30, 2024 at our location in Müncheberg as
Researcher/ PhD Candidate (f/m/d)
reference number [54-2021]
- Conduct literature-based sustainability impact assessments for selected CDR options in Germany. Assessed options are based on increasing soil carbon sequestration in agricultural fields and afforestation on municipal sites.
- Conduct participatory impact assessments of the selected CDR options and of policy measures that support their uptake.
- Coordinate with the GONASIP project partners on joint case studies and research synthesis activities
- Publish your results in high-ranking, peer-reviewed journals
- Master`s degree in agricultural or environmental sciences or in a related discipline, ideally with a socio-economic focus.
- Experience with participatory research methods (ideally in relation to ecosystem services)
- Fluency in English, ideally also fluency in German
- Experience with literature analysis and scientific writing
- Ideally experience in working with stakeholder groups and in conducting workshops
- An interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- Research in the highly relevant fields of sustainability and climate change mitigation
- A collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research Institution
- Classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) 13 (including special annual payment)
- Flexible working hours
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number [54-2021] until July 30, 2021 to: Bewerbungen@zalf.de .
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Paul, email@example.com , Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-325.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at: www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx
Ph D Student (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 12 hours ago
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver economically, environmentally and socially ...
Postdoc Position For Global Modelling Of Terrestrial Carbon Dioxide Removal (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 12 hours ago
Climate and Earth system change need bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts an...
Ph D Candidate In Soil Science, Agroforestry (All Genders Welcome) (Soil Science (Pts) Group) (Id 15780), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Einrichtung: Soil Science (PTS) group (ID 15780) Ansprechpartner: Prof Dr. Edzo Veldkamp Besetzungsdatum: ab sofort Veröffentlichungsdatum: 14.09.2021 The Soil Science (PTS) group at the Georg-Aug...
Ph D Optimisation Of Manure Processing: Towards More Sustainable Application Of Manure Based Fertilizers, Wetsus, European centre of excellence for sustainable watertechnology, Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
Topic background- Increasing soil carbon sequestration while lowering GHG-emissions and maintaining crop yields is one of the biggest societal and scientific challenges. Manure is commonly used as...
Postdoc Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
The Microbial Biotechnology group located at the Leibniz-InstitutDSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures GmbH in Braunschweig, Germany, is now offering a Postdoc position (m/f/d...
Ph D Improving Food Security By Enhancing Women’s Empowerment, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching...