We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1700 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
We are looking for an Accounts Officer to join us at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany. In this role you will be part of the Accounting Unit and will report directly to the Head of Accounting. You will have a broad range of responsibilities concerning EMBL's accounts payable, financial recordkeeping and controlling.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- posting and validating transactions in SAP and XFlow module
- controlling and booking of vendor invoices with purchase orders for Heidelberg and all other sites
- controlling and booking of credit card statements
- travel and payroll related invoices reconciliation
- monthly and quarterly reconciliation of vendor and other accounts
Fixed Assets Accounting
- booking of capital expenditure and disposal of Fixed Assets in the sub ledger for Heidelberg and all other sites
- ensuring depreciation run on Fixed Assets is done in time
- maintaining the Fixed Assets inventory and updating Assets master data
- assisting as required in period-close activities
- recordkeeping and controlling of accrual and deferral transactions at year end
- ensuring that all documentation on accounting procedures under her/his responsibilities are up to date
- carrying out other tasks and reporting activities upon requests
You will also be expected to cover for colleagues during absences and to keep yourself informed about the latest developments in international accounting standards.
Fiscal Specialist 2, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 6 hours ago
Title: 151F-YN - Fiscal Specialist 2 Business Title: Fiscal Specialist 2 Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: This posit...
Chief Accounting Officer, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 3 hours ago
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Finance and Chief Finance Officer Purpose: The chief Accounting officer report directly to the AVP for finance and CFO and responsible for all the accoun...
Accountant Ii, The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 1 day ago
The Accountant II position is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accountant II will process daily financial activity, prepare journal entries, reconcile g...
Finance Executive, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Description Support in the Accounts Receivable and Payable functions such as book-keeping, accounts reconciliation, petty cash management, timely generation of invoices, monitoring of receipts...
Finance & Human Resources Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 9 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Operations Manager, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
67980BR Campus: Tempe Events Manager Job Description ASU 365 Community Union is seeking an experienced event professional to plan, organize, execute and staff non-athletic campus and community eve...