Information Technology Services:
Information Technology Services
Full-time/ 40hours/ 12-months
Clark University’s Information Technology Services Department seeks to fill the position of Systems Developer. Reporting to the Manager, ETL and Systems Integration the successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain databases and software components to connect multiple ITS systems so as to automate select University procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain the University’s enterprise-wide middleware infrastructure and applications with a focus on performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
• Work with all members of ITS staff where appropriate in support of the development, documentation, deployment, and maintenance of the applications.
• Actively partner with AIS and other community members to understand business processes to best develop the appropriate applications.
• Participate in the hardware and software selection of required infrastructure in support of deployed applications; ensure compatibility of hardware/software decisions with existing data architecture.
• Assist with application administration where needed.
• Stay abreast of appropriate hardware and software news and features through various web sites, magazines, internet news and email lists.
• Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
• BS in computer science or related discipline; comparable work experience may be considered in lieu of specified degree requirement.
• Three years of enterprise-wide applications development experience.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Proficiency with C#, C/C++, Microsoft .NET, SQL RDBMS (MSSQL and Oracle), Active Directory, and web development required.
• Knowledge of Windows server components, preferred.
• Familiarity with any or all of the following: Ruby on Rails, Banner (or other SIS/ERP systems).
• Proactive approach to systems analysis and design.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to various stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communications and customer service skills; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy; the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University.
• Demonstrated passion for problem solving; excellent project management experience with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
• Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org > . Applicants must reference Job code 199854 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Associate Director For Early Career Development, Clark University, United States, 4 days ago
Clark University Associate Director for Early Career Development Job Code 190101 University Advancement Full-time, 12-months; 40 hours Clark University’s University Advancement Office seeks to fil...
Senior Software Engineer .Net, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 5 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Senior Software Engineer functions in all phases of applications development. This position is responsible for the...
Accountant, Staff I Gsn, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 5 hours ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Dean, Dean, Grad School Of Nursing or designee, the Staff Accountant I is responsible for performing diversified and complex administrative/accounting ...
Senior Associate, Health Policy, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 1 day ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of a Principal at the Center for Health Law and Economics (CHLE), the Senior Associate will lead policy and program development projects th...
Executive Director, Information Technology Services Mount Wachusett Community College, Mount Wachusett Community College, United States, 18 days ago
Location: Gardner, MA Category: Administrative Posted On: Fri May 3 2019 Job Description: General Statement of Duties The Executive Director, ITS, is a self-motivated, hard-working, results ...
Bioinformatician Iii, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 5 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of a member of the faculty or designee, the Bioinformatician III is responsible for developing novel algorithms and scientific software app...