Information Technology Services:
Information Technology Services
Full-time/ 40hours/ 12-months
Clark University’s Information Technology Services Department seeks to fill the position of Systems Developer. Reporting to the Manager, ETL and Systems Integration the successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain databases and software components to connect multiple ITS systems so as to automate select University procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain the University’s enterprise-wide middleware infrastructure and applications with a focus on performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
• Work with all members of ITS staff where appropriate in support of the development, documentation, deployment, and maintenance of the applications.
• Actively partner with AIS and other community members to understand business processes to best develop the appropriate applications.
• Participate in the hardware and software selection of required infrastructure in support of deployed applications; ensure compatibility of hardware/software decisions with existing data architecture.
• Assist with application administration where needed.
• Stay abreast of appropriate hardware and software news and features through various web sites, magazines, internet news and email lists.
• Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
• BS in computer science or related discipline; comparable work experience may be considered in lieu of specified degree requirement.
• Three years of enterprise-wide applications development experience.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Proficiency with C#, C/C++, Microsoft .NET, SQL RDBMS (MSSQL and Oracle), Active Directory, and web development required.
• Knowledge of Windows server components, preferred.
• Familiarity with any or all of the following: Ruby on Rails, Banner (or other SIS/ERP systems).
• Proactive approach to systems analysis and design.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to various stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communications and customer service skills; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy; the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University.
• Demonstrated passion for problem solving; excellent project management experience with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
• Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org > . Applicants must reference Job code 199854 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Associate Director Of Admissions, Clark University, United States, 14 days ago
Clark University Associate Director of Admissions Job Code 199750 Admissions Full- time, 40 hours, 12 months Clark University’s Admissions Department seeks to fill the position of Associate Direct...
One Year, Full Time Visiting Professor/ Lecturer Biology, Clark University, United States, 25 days ago
Clark University Biology Department One-year, Full-time Visiting Professor/Lecturer Clark University’s Department of Biology invites applications for a one-year, full-time teaching appointment fro...
Associate Director Of Residential Life & Housing, Clark University, United States, 8 days ago
Clark University Associate Director of Residential Life & Housing Job Code 199867 Residential Life & Housing Full-time/ 12 months/ year/ 40 hours/ week Clark University’s Office of Residential Lif...
Assistant Professor Of Genomics, Biology, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position ID:Clark University -Biology -ASSISTANTPROFESSOR [#13952] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Worcester, Massachusetts 01610, United States [map ...
Library Part Time Evening/ Weekend Supervisor, Clark University, United States, 8 days ago
Clark University Part-time Evening/Weekend Supervisor Job Code 199069 Goddard Library Part-time, 20 hours/week, 9- month position Clark University’s Goddard Library seeks a high energy, customer-s...
Human Resources Records Administrator, Clark University, United States, 13 days ago
Clark University Human Resources Records Administrator Job code 190261 Office of Human Resources Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12-months Clark University’s Office of Human Resources seeks to fill the posit...