Title: Staff Scientist
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $65,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 2837
The Center for Drug Discovery (https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas.
The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach.
The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit additional chemists. BCM is located in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center and offers a highly interactive environment and a strong infrastructure for research and career development.
The position is reserved for career researchers and is intended to be utilized after completing at least three years of Postdoctoral research.
- Plan, direct and conduct research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze data.
- Develop research techniques and perform applications required for specific research projects.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Document results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: perform compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
Required: Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
Required: Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- PhD in medicinal/organic chemistry or a related discipline. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3 years of postdoctoral research experience, preferred: >4 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Assistant Professor, Orthopedic Oncology Orthopedic Surgery, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), non-tenure clinica...
Physician Aerospace Medicine (Nasa, Ex Mc) 70405, UTMB Health, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job ID 70405 Job Title Physician - Aerospace Medicine (NASA, ExMC) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Houston Business Unit SOMED Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualifications A degree ...
Chemist Scientist Ii, University of Houston - Clear Lake, United States, about 10 hours ago
Chemist-Scientist II Description The Chemist-Scientist II provides technical and analytical chemistry expertise for the analysis of environmental samples in support of NASA human spaceflight progr...
Instructor Gynecologic Oncology, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, invites applications for a full time, non-tenure clinical track In...
Assistant Professor, Ophthalmology Ophthalmology And Visual Science, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, invites applications for a part-time (0.80 FTE), Clinical Assistan...
Research Technologist 3, Los Alamos National Security, United States, 3 days ago
What You Will Do The Research Technologist 3 will work closely with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, technologists, and technicians on projects and programs for both internal and external...