Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology - 17000000SN
The University of Tennessee (UT) Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology seeks applications for a postdoctoral position. The project explores promising treatments for deadly citrus disease and involves multi- disciplinary research conducted across multiple institutions. The postdoctoral associate will conduct calculations to understand the chemical reactivity of the antimicrobial reagents and is expected to interact closely with the experimental collaborators.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Perform Density Functional Theory (DFT) calculations of metal oxides
• Analyze data and write scientific manuscripts
• Generate various reports
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
• PhD (or soon to graduate) in physics, chemistry, engineering or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• PhD in physics.
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent working knowledge of DFT
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, and concepts of computational chemistry
• Analytical skills necessary to collect information from diverse sources, perform analyses, summarize, and present the information to communicate data, trends, and solve problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Please attach the following electronic documents to the application: Cover letter, resume, and the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references.
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Biochem/Cell & Molec Biology
Jun 5, 2017, 4:58:25 PM
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Part Time), Strayer University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Working under the supervision of the Learning Resource Center Manager, in support of the academic mission of the University. Ensures LRC functions properly and assists students, faculty and staff...