Find a Job Recruit Talent
Post a Job Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Staffing Employee Retention Brand Your HR
Featured Employers All Employers
Applications Profile Resumes Saved Jobs Saved Employers Saved Searches Saved Master Lists Saved Lists Account Settings Log Out
Dashboard Profile My Jobs My Applicants Log Out
Access your account
Global Relationship Manager
Bellevue University Bellevue, NE
Web Mktg Technology Specialist
Bellevue University Bellevue, NE
Report a probelm Originally Posted : March 30, 2021 | Expires : April 7, 2021
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
The company selected specific skills needed for this job
The company selected specific skills needed for this job
International University Administration
Bellevue, NE, United States
Primary Function: The primary function of this position is the management of relationships involving institutional and student compliance with F-1 Visa rules and regulations, coordination of support services addressing specific needs of non-immigrant and immigrant students as well as develops pathways and directs learning initiatives in collaboration with academic and administrative leadership of both Bellevue University and the partner organization. This position is responsible for supporting international programs that aid in the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of international students as well as maintaining a high-level of internal and external customer service. As a Designated School Official (DSO), the position will ensure compliance with institutional policies and F-1 visa rules and regulations.
Provides immigration guidance.
- Performs function of Designated School Official (DSO) (complete required reporting in the SEVIS system).
- Provides guidance and (USCIS) immigration assistance to international students from entrance through graduation.
- Serves as the level 1 expert on student immigration regulation requirements for the institution.
- Reviews documentation and prepares necessary paperwork
- Prepares Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F-1) Student Status, advises students on federal compliance requirements, assists students with all processing of documentation handled by this institution, to include work-permits, CPT and OPT, etc.
- Reviews records of international students to ensure USCIS compliance.
- Conducts F-1 regulation workshops during international student orientation and during the course of different terms to ensure international students understand their rights, benefits, and requirements as F-1 students
- Assists with processing international student’s updates, directory information, phone calls, e-mail, I-20 issuance, transfer admission and processing of I-20s, and walk-ins.
- Ensures the student record information is accurately reflected in the prevailing systems which include but are not limited to SEVIS, CRM, and SIS.
- Continually monitors SEVIS to ensure compliance with OPT STEM extensions pertaining to all active students; not just currently enrolled.
Uses proven student centric communication and servicing techniques that aids the student in completion of enrollment process for University programs.
- Provides knowledgeable assistance in developing an educational plan for prospective students.
- Works directly with students to obtain all necessary paperwork to ensure student’s file is in order and manages enrollment process to completion.
- Engages with other university departments to bring to resolution any student questions or concerns as enrollment process is finalized
- Ensures file completion and transferring of completed official files to the record storage section in the Registrar’s Office.
- Provides written and verbal information on international students to the Manager as needed.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings for the purpose of information exchange and to build on and expand the principles of relationship management and collaboration between various campus offices.
- Assists department leadership with research and tracking as assigned.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings for the purpose of information exchange and to build on and expand the principles of relationship management between various campus offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Student focus - The ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships.
- Problem solving skills - Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Is able to develop new ideas that will enhance partnership results, is future-oriented and assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
- Quantity/Quality of work - Pays close attention to detail; strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Initiative - Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way to improve performance or processes. Displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Accountability - Accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost effective results.
- Service Orientation – Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to customers and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Time Management - stays focused uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Inclusivity - Understands that each individual is unique; recognizes individual differences along the dimensions of: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, education, training, position, and level of authority, seniority, full-time or part-time status.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor degree required, Experience with international student education strongly preferred.
- At least one-year experience as a Designated School Official (DSO) within an academic setting and/or F-1 for Beginners Professional Development Workshop training by NAFSA: Association of International Educators, preferred.
- Fluency in languages other than English is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) compliance is required.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task, while producing timely quality work.
- Excellent customer service orientation with strong international and cross-cultural experience.
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to self-initiate and manage a diverse set of activities simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality in the handling of account and student information.
- Ability to be successful in a global marketplace.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable under BU’s insurance policy.
- Valid Passport is required for international travel.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including word-processing and spreadsheets required. Experience in data management, word processing, spread sheets and electronic scheduling required.
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements: N/A
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with critical deadlines often under extreme stress.
- Continually meets with students in person and by phone to address student issues and concerns.
- Frequent requirements to meet critical time objectives, often under extreme urgency and stress.
- Ability to manage workload involving high impacts to student, partner and university.
- Ability to work additional hours beyond a standard 40-hour workweek, as needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Provided by company
What type of contract is offered for this position?
7 active jobs
Student Worker-Residence and Student Life Assistant
Federal Work Study-Undergraduate Academic Advising
Student Worker-International Student Office Assistant
Browse all jobs
01 April ( 7 days ago )
31 March ( 8 days ago )
Client Education Consultant
- About us
- Terms and Conditions
- Post your resume
- Search jobs
- Featured Companies
- Explore Companies
- Career Fairs
- Recruit Talent
- Staffing Solutions
- Employee Retention Analytics
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Brand Your HR
2021 © careerlink. All rights reserved.
Made with in Omaha
Please Create a Job Seeker Account
To take advantage of this feature, create an account.
With a job seeker account on Careerlink, you can:
- Create or upload a resume for quick use when applying for jobs
- Get found by employers by adding your profile to our talent database
- Save jobs as you search and apply later
- Save job searches and get email notifications of new postings
Events Management Specialist, Creighton University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Summary: The Enrollment Management division is looking for an event management specialist who schedules reservations and entailing space allocations for events within admissions, financial aid and...
Associate Director Website & Portal Management, Creighton University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Summary: The Associate Director will support the positioning and recruitment efforts through the use of technology for the Office of Enrollment Management. This position is responsible for the str...
Assistant Athletic Trainer, Creighton University, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Assistant Athletic Trainer collaborates with other members of Athletic Training Staff in the delivery of Athletic Training Services to CU student-athletes. Will report directly to Head Athleti...
Assistant Director For Sorority Life And Leadership, Creighton University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Advises seven sorority chapters, the Panhellenic Council, two Culturally Based Fraternal Organizations, planned expansion and connection to the city-wide charters, Dance Marathon which has raised ...
Academic Rank/Depends On Qualifications, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, about 9 hours ago
Requisition Details EEO Statement: UNMC is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilit...
Research Laboratory Technician I, Creighton University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Summary: The lab of Dr. E. Jeffrey North, in the Department of Pharmacy Sciences at Creighton University, is looking for a qualified and highly motivated research technician in the field of synthe...