Clinical Associate II
Job no: 494270
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Clinical Associate position will support ongoing research and clinical evaluations as well as treatment.
- Strong applicants will have experience conducting evaluations with young children with development delays and autism, and behavior analytic training or experience applying behavioral intervention approaches with children with autism and developmental delays.
- The successful applicant will have experience or familiarity with administering and interpreting an array of assessments across multiple domains, including measures of cognitive ability, adaptive behavior, social-emotional behavior, achievement, and developmental measures. The successful candidate will also possess strong consultation skills and have knowledge of evidence-based behavioral interventions and their application. In addition, the successful applicant will have exposure to or experience administering the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Second Edition (ADOS-2). However, extensive experience in ADOS-2 administration is not a requirement as training can be provided through the position. The applicant should have experience integrating information and composing psychological reports that are appropriate for use by caregivers and local education agencies. Additionally, the applicant will possess the ability to provide sensitive, thoughtful, and supportive feedback to parents as well as the ability to work well with team members, parents, young children, and service providers in the community.
- Conduct diagnostic evaluations for children at risk for autism spectrum disorder. Includes administering assessment measures, scoring, interviewing parents and/or other informants, interpreting results, conceptualizing cases, recommending appropriate intervention, writing comprehensive reports, and giving oral feedback to parents
- May supervise less experienced clinicians and undergraduate and graduate students in assessment and/or intervention
- Master's Degree
- Clinical psychology, school psychology, social work, behavior analysis, or a related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Psychodiagnostic assessment for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities, strong multi-cultural competence as a clinician and have experience working with families and clients from diverse backgrounds.
- PA licensed/certification or license/certification-eligible
- Exposure to or experience with the ADOS-2
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Dec 20 2019 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 28 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Doctoral Researcher In The Field Of Education (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 8 hours ago
The research project ‘Collaboration with parents and Multiliteracy in early Childhood Education’ (COMPARE) International assessment studies show that children of ethnic minority background and low...
Clinical Associate Psychiatry (Job Id #128538), University of Illinois, United States, about 11 hours ago
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria seeks a clinical psychometrician/counselor to join our growing team. This Clinical Associate position will work under the supervision of a ...
Post Doc In Computational Bioacoustics: Acquisition And Processing Of Animal Vocalizations, Università di Milano assegni di ricerca, Italy, 4 days ago
We are currently looking for a post-doc researcher to join us in a new project funded by Regione Lombardia and EU. The VOCAPRA project aims to gain a better understanding of the physical and emoti...
Program Services Aide Cancer Center (Survivorship) (Job Id #125120), University of Illinois, United States, 4 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications Required: 1. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation: A. credit for college course work in or closely related to the social or behavioral...
Research Assistant In Transport Psychology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
At the Transport division, we work on analyzing impacts of incentives and policies on the use of transport systems. Our research supports decision makers to create intelligent and sustainable tran...
Doctoral Student In Mathematics , chalmers university of technology and university of gothenburg, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg has about 200 employees and is the largest department of mathematics in Sweden. The de...