Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director is responsible for implementing program strategies to encourage increased dollars and participation in giving from alumni through a variety of volunteer driven fundraising campaigns and programs.
In this role, you will create and manage alumni solicitations, organize and drive alumni peer-outreach efforts, establish ongoing relationships with volunteers and prospects, and solicit alumni for annual commitments ranging from participation gifts to 6-figure leadership contributions. You will also develop and implement fundraising strategies and assist with designing and managing language for appeals.
Your primary responsibilities include:
· Developing effective fundraising strategies to meet participation and dollar goals, across campaigns and programs.
· Recruiting, managing, and cultivating fundraising volunteers, including frequent email/phone communications, and in-person meetings (as permitted).
· Managing solicitations from inception to completion. This includes writing content, working with designers and project partners, and managing multiple stakeholders. Pieces produced will include direct mail, email, video, phone, and other channels.
· Identifying and prioritizing prospects, making volunteer prospect assignments, preparing background material for solicitations, and following-up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned solicitations.
· Establishing, cultivating, and stewarding meaningful relationships with alumni through personal visits, phone calls, and contacts.
· Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on overall results to internal and external constituencies, as needed.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated experience with fundraising in a higher education or non-profit environment. Will also consider strong sales experience.
· Strong project management with ability to develop, initiate, and execute on new strategies and ideas.
· Adept at problem solving and creating contingency plans.
· Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
· Comfortability in working both independently and as a team player with varied stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite, Slack, Airtable, Marketo, and Salesforce.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Director Of Development For The College Of Education, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499550 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 25, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Director Of Donor Relations And Stewardship, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499654 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 25, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Associate Director Math, Art of Problem Solving, United States, about 19 hours ago
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, inc...
Computer Analyst/It Professional Neural Data Analyses, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a goal-oriented, proactive Compute...