Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M Agrilife Research
DepartmentDean's Office Staff
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
- Works under direction and coordinates administrative support for a unit or specialized activity to include the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading.
- First point of contact at receptionist desk. Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- Assists coordinating logistics for meetings, workshops, and other special events.
- Maintains inventory of office and break room supplies and equipment.
- Orders business cards, nametags, office apparel.
- Serves as liaison for departmental equipment and service contracts, ex. shredding services, coffee services, copier.
- May participate in hiring and training other support staff.
- Supervises student worker(s).
- Serves as the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Qualtrics Brand Ambassador Contact.
- Serves as point person for University Business Permits.
- Responsible for Office Keys.
- Responsible for Procard and related expenses. Uploads receipts, 5W forms, etc., into Concur.
- Assist with the shared firstname.lastname@example.org email mailbox.
- Maintains computer inventory spreadsheet.
- Receives, sorts, logs, and routes mail efficiently and obtains required signatures for correct processing.
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding employees in the AgriLife People Directory.
- Update Dean’s Office websites.
- Works with Texas A&M AgriLife Marketing and Communications team to promote the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences on social media sites.
- Serves as Dean’s Office point person for the AED: Automated External Defibrillator.
- Assist the Assistant to Executive Associate Dean as needed.
- Monitors compliance with policies and procedures.
- Monitors project timelines and identifies issues.
- Coordinates office records retention and maintains office references and resources materials.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events – to include development of budget.
- Recommends guidelines, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, analyzes, monitors, and evaluates administrative support functions.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements, administrative changes, or new initiatives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience plus an additional two (2) years of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
-Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
-Interpersonal and communication skills.
-Planning and organization skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Executive Assistant I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Executive Assistant I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Chemical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...
Human Resources Generalist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Human Resources Generalist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Program Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Program Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Program Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Program Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description T...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mary Kay O'connor Process Safety Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, about 1 month ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Health Behavior Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...