Full Time (37 hours, 1.0 FTE), Fixed Term until July 2022
- THE ROLE -
You will work remotely whilst the current COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be Carmarthen.
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) and the University of South Wales (USW) have recently announced a strategic alliance, the focus of which will be collaborating on projects where there is mutual benefit for the universities, our students and staff, together with the people and businesses within the regions that we serve. HEFCW’s recently announced Higher Education Investment and Recovery Fund (HEIRF) gives an early opportunity to collaborate (share best practice, create scale and extend reach) to retain key skills within the region through re-directing academic resource towards supporting private and public sectors to aid economic recovery. The Strategic Academic Planning Office at UWTSD manages the projects within the collaborative proposal along with PVC Innovation and Engagement’s office at USW.
The post holder will undertake duties related to the collection and maintenance of audit, finance and other monitoring data, and be responsible for the preparation of financial claims and progress reports to be submitted to the lead partner. The officer will also provide support for organising and recording meetings, and for supporting the organisation of events and dissemination activities. The post holder will have organisational skills of a high order and will be capable of working effectively within a project consortium. They will work closely with colleagues in the Finance departments and internal departments of the University.
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS -
You will need to hold:
- A-levels OR equivalent work experience
You should also have:
- Project financial management and claim preparation, submission and audit.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to assess priorities and work independently without supervision and to plan, organise and prioritise own work on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A willingness to support others, and to work effectively as part of a team.
- High degree of professionalism and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience in monitoring the quality of services and tasks to ensure that they are of the highest standards and in accordance with pre-determined parameters, for example within budget and on-time.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- FURTHER INFORMATION -
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Please note that immigration sponsorship under the UK Government’s Skilled Worker visa route is not available for this role
- Please note that the University will be closed from 2nd April until 11th April for the Easter break, and so we will not be able to answer any queries during this time.
- HOW TO APPLY -
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Note: Your correspondence language will be determined by the language you apply in.
Closing date:12th April 2021, 11:59 pm
Training Coordinator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Training Coordinator Coventry University Students’ Union Salary: £23,075 per annum Mode: Full Time, Permanent Reference: REQ008527 Coventry University Students’ Union is a unique Students’ Union w...
Researcher Psr Project Sustainable Sand Mining (19001) Conflict And Development Studies, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
→ Solliciteren tot 23-05-2021 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculteit Politieke en Sociale Wetenschappen → Vakgroep: PS05 - Conflict- en Ontwikkelingsstudies → Tewerkstellingspercentage: 100% →...
Lecturer/Assistant Professor In Mental Health Nursing, Ucd, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
The School wishes to appoint a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Mental Health Nursing (maternity leave cover, full-time or part time at 0.5FTE) to contribute to teaching, curriculum design and enha...
Sports Coordinator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Sports Coordinator Coventry University Students’ Union Salary: £23,075 per annum Mode: Full Time, Permanent Reference: REQ008526 Coventry University Students’ Union recognises the importance of de...
Project Coordinator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Project Coordinator Coventry University Students’ Union Salary: £23,075 per annum Mode: Full time, Permanent Reference: REQ008525 We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to join u...
Business Support Coordinator, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Business Support Coordinator Business Support Coordinator Coventry University Students’ Union Salary: £26,723 per annum Mode: Full time, Permanent Reference: REQ008524 The Business Support Coordin...