Administrative Assistant: Education and Students Team
Cardiff School of Chemistry
The School of Chemistry is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual as an Administrative Assistant within our Education and Students Team. The post holder will a) provide proactive and facilitative clerical support for the good administrative management of taught programmes offered by the School; b) pay particular attention to the support needs of students studying on taught programmes housed within the School; and c) support the good functioning of the Education and Students Team. The successful candidate will be an effective team player and be able to adapt to a broad range of duties and challenges.
For informal enquiries about the role and the School of Chemistry, please contact Dr Thomas Tatchell, Education & Students Manager (TatchellT@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 0759) or Dr Mahmoud Akhtar, School Manager (AkhtarM@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 0680).
For further details about working in Cardiff University please contact: Ms Alison Blake (BlakeAF@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 4805).
Please visit www.cardiff.ac.uk/chemistry for further information about the School of Chemistry.
This is a full-time (1 FTE), part-time position for 18 months and is available immediately.
To work for an employer that values and promotes equality of opportunity, please visit www.cardiff.ac.uk/jobs and search for vacancy number: 8007BR.
Salary: £19,202 - £21,414 per annum, pro-rata for hours worked (Grade 3)
Important note: It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined below. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
Date advert posted: Thursday, 3 January 2019
Closing date: Sunday, 20 January 2018
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
Provide an administrative service to the School/Directorate, engaging and completing a range of routine tasks to meet operational and customer service requirements. Providing support and guidance on taught programmes offered by the School, ensuring the Education and Students Team and needs of the students studying on taught programmes are supported and key duties undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal with a range of enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, establishing their requirements and adapting the standard responses accordingly;
- Collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for developments of established processes and procedures;
- Establish working relationships with key contacts to help improve service levels;
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to support the team and department;
- Gather and analyse data to update administrative systems with accurate information, establishing basic trends and patterns in any data submitted;
- Contribute to the success of the team, leading others through example, and supporting the supervision and management of the team.
- Produce documentation, plan and organise committee meetings and outreach activities under the direction of the Education & Students Manager, collate and distribute papers, take minutes and ensure any ensure any necessary actions are followed up;
- Participate in and contribute to the smooth running of School events such as enrolment, graduation, UCAS and School Open days and conferences as required;
- Edit and update the School’s web-pages and plasma screens, including creating pages, formatting text and images as required and ensuring compliance with institutional web-authoring protocols.
- To contribute to the provision of general reception services for the School on a rota basis;
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties;
- Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity;
- Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Qualifications and Education
Admin / Clerical
Administrative Officer Specialist , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Cardiff University School of Geography and Planning is a leading international centre for teaching and research in human geography and spatial planning. The School is in the top 100 in the World Q...
Senior Clinical Teacher In Sedation & Primary Care Dentistry , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Cardiff University, College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, School of Dentistry invites applications for the full time post of Senior Clinical Teacher in Sedation & Primary Care Dentistry. We are...
Web Developer , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled Web Developer in the Web and Mobile Development Team at Cardiff University. The role will be focused on the Student Journey Programme helping to de...
Senior Data Analyst (Ref 2021) , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
In this role, you’ll be part of a high-energy team within the institution. This role is part of the Planning and Intelligence team, which supports the University senior team in benchmarking perfor...
University Teacher In Humanities (Part Time) , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
The Division of Continuing & Professional Education invites applications from suitably qualified individuals, with a particular interest in adult education and interdisciplinary approaches to teac...
Conference & Events Manager U000687, University of South Wales, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
The Commercial and Client Services Office is seeking to appoint an experienced conference and events professional to manage and grow the University's Conference and Events services. The post-holde...