Administrative Assistant: Education and Students Team
Cardiff School of Chemistry
The School of Chemistry is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual as an Administrative Assistant within our Education and Students Team. The post holder will a) provide proactive and facilitative clerical support for the good administrative management of taught programmes offered by the School; b) pay particular attention to the support needs of students studying on taught programmes housed within the School; and c) support the good functioning of the Education and Students Team. The successful candidate will be an effective team player and be able to adapt to a broad range of duties and challenges.
For informal enquiries about the role and the School of Chemistry, please contact Dr Thomas Tatchell, Education & Students Manager (TatchellT@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 0759) or Dr Mahmoud Akhtar, School Manager (AkhtarM@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 0680).
For further details about working in Cardiff University please contact: Ms Alison Blake (BlakeAF@cardiff.ac.uk ; 029 2087 4805).
Please visit www.cardiff.ac.uk/chemistry for further information about the School of Chemistry.
This is a full-time (1 FTE), part-time position for 18 months and is available immediately.
To work for an employer that values and promotes equality of opportunity, please visit www.cardiff.ac.uk/jobs and search for vacancy number: 8007BR.
Salary: £19,202 - £21,414 per annum, pro-rata for hours worked (Grade 3)
Important note: It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined below. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
Date advert posted: Thursday, 3 January 2019
Closing date: Sunday, 20 January 2018
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
Provide an administrative service to the School/Directorate, engaging and completing a range of routine tasks to meet operational and customer service requirements. Providing support and guidance on taught programmes offered by the School, ensuring the Education and Students Team and needs of the students studying on taught programmes are supported and key duties undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deal with a range of enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, establishing their requirements and adapting the standard responses accordingly;
- Collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for developments of established processes and procedures;
- Establish working relationships with key contacts to help improve service levels;
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to support the team and department;
- Gather and analyse data to update administrative systems with accurate information, establishing basic trends and patterns in any data submitted;
- Contribute to the success of the team, leading others through example, and supporting the supervision and management of the team.
- Produce documentation, plan and organise committee meetings and outreach activities under the direction of the Education & Students Manager, collate and distribute papers, take minutes and ensure any ensure any necessary actions are followed up;
- Participate in and contribute to the smooth running of School events such as enrolment, graduation, UCAS and School Open days and conferences as required;
- Edit and update the School’s web-pages and plasma screens, including creating pages, formatting text and images as required and ensuring compliance with institutional web-authoring protocols.
- To contribute to the provision of general reception services for the School on a rota basis;
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties;
- Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity;
- Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Qualifications and Education
Admin / Clerical
Project Manager (Chemistry In The 3rd Dimension) , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
An opportunity has arisen in the School of Chemistry to join the Trio Sci Cymru programme as Project Manager. Trio Sci Cymru is an exciting programme (supported by European Social Funds via the We...
Engagement Manager, Wiserd , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
The Wales Institute of Social and Economic Research, Data and Methods (WISERD) is a national, interdisciplinary, social science research institute. Using innovative approaches, WISERD’s research s...
Project Manager For Flexis Demonstration Area , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
FLEXIS (Flexible Integrated Energy Systems) is a £24 million research operation designed to develop an energy systems research capability in Wales, which will build on the world-class capability t...
Team Leader (Assessment) , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader (Assessment) to join the Centre for Medical Education within the Assessment Team; the post holder will provide administrative support to the Assessment ...
Lecturer In Design And Computational Methods In Architecture , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Welsh School of Architecture The Welsh School of Architecture wishes to appoint a full-time Lecturer in the area of Design Studio, Computational Methods in Architecture and/or Architectural Constr...
Residence Life Co Ordinator , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
As a member of the Residence Life Team, you will enhance pastoral care in residences and improve student life by playing a key role in welcoming new students, and supporting them with their transi...