Postdoctoral / Scientist Position in Cancer Immunotherapy
Our research is dedicated to delineate mechanisms of anti-cancer immunity in tumor models and cancer patients. A major focus is the preclinical and clinical development of immunotherapeutic strategies against cancer including the definition of new targets including glycan antigens. We are strongly linked to the Medical Oncology Department at the University Hospital. Please see more details at https://www.unispital-basel.ch/ueber-uns/bereiche/medizin/kliniken-institute-abteilungen/onkologie/lehre-forschung/lab-for-cancer-immunotherapy/ .
- Independent project management
- Independent planning and design of experiments including mouse experiments
- Primary cell culture models and animal models to study mechanisms of sialic acid/Siglec-mediated immune suppression in cancer
- Supervision of a technician working on the project
- Direct interaction with the Biotech partner in Schlieren/Zürich
- The position is available from January 2023 on
- Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. (already obtained or soon to be)
- Experience in cellular immunology, preferentially tumor immunology including cancer animal models, cellular cytotoxicity assays, primary human and mouse immune cell culture and multidimensional flow cytometry
- High degree of motivation in academic research, outstanding record of scientific accomplishments with publications in peer-reviewed journals, and ability to work independently and as a team player with excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly collaborative and goal-oriented mindset is desirable as this project will be carried out in collaboration with an industrial partner, Memo Therapeutics
We offer you
- A very active scientific environment in translational cancer immunology immunotherapy with numerous academic research projects and industrial collaborations
- Competitive salary, state-of-the art facilities and direct access to clinically relevant human samples from patients
- Interaction with biotech
The following documents are obligatory to be submitted:
Applicants will only be contacted if they are positively evaluated for the next step.
Laboratory for Cancer Immunotherapy
Department of Biomedicine & Department of Medical Oncology
Prof. Dr. Heinz Läubli or Dr. Natalia Rodrigues Mantuano
University Hospital Basel
+41 61 265 50 74
email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Project: Utilizing Metabolism To Modulate T Cell Differentiation In Cancer, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 10 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-112) Laatst aangepast : 9/03/2023 The laboratory of Metabolic Regulation of Cell Function focuses on unraveling the metabolic cross-talk between immune cells and cancer cells in met...
Professor In Experimental Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
- with focus on research Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet is engaged in research and...
Research Associate , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Wyss Zurich Research Associate 100 % The Wyss Zurich Translational Center (Wyss Zurich) is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous ...
Spatial Genomics – Computational Biologist, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 1 day ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...
Assistant Professor Of Single Cell Heterogeneity In Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher who will join the skin inflammation and cancer group as assistant professor for a full time position in three years to commence as soon...
Forskare, Uppsala University, Sweden, 3 days ago
Published: 2023-03-06 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...