The Wyss Zurich Translational Center (Wyss Zurich) is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr. hc. mult. Hansjörg Wyss. The mission of Wyss Zurich is to drive the clinical translation and technology transfer of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the emerging fields of Regenerative Medicine and Robotics, and to promote hybrid technologies in these fields. Wyss Zurich brings together some of the world's leading experts to form multidisciplinary teams, pooling their knowledge and expertise.
The project Recolony is focused on the development of a bacteria-based therapy for colorectal cancer that primarily consists of selected bacteria of the gut microbiota. These bacteria have an enormous influence on the immune system and are able to provoke and enhance an immune reaction against cancer. The bacteria will be orally applied in gastro-resistant capsules with colonic release. With this approach, Recolony aims to develop a new class of drugs for the treatment and prevention of cancer.
- work with different mouse tumor models to explore efficacy, biodistribution of bacteria, treatment dosage requirements and other research questions
- work with anaerobic bacteria chamber, handling different anaerobic bacteria, perform bacteria cultures and glycerol stocks.
- work in cell culture with different cell lines as well as primary human and mouse cells
- process and run samples using flow cytometry, perform histology staining, gene expression analysis etc.
- preparation of solutions, ordering and inventory of supplies
- accurately report all the experiments and findings in GLP-like standards
- Master's degree in life science, ideally with several years of research experience
- Alternatively, apprenticeship as a laboratory technician, with specialization in biology
- Experience with in vivo experimentation in mice (LTK 1 or equivalent) preferred
- A solid background in cell culture and microbiology techniques
- Knowledge of GLP standards is an advantage
- Dynamic, team player and good communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency in English in written and spoken form
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to join a young, dynamic and growing start-up team developing tomorrow's treatment against cancer. You will benefit from an inspiring and socially relevant environment.
Place of work
Start of employment
Employment start date to be mutually agreed or preferentially October 1, 2022. Please submit your application by September 1, 2022.
UZH on social media
Senior Application Specialist Microtissues, ReGEN Biomedical, Netherlands, 13 days ago
As a senior stem cell biologist / bioengineer, you will be responsible for the expansion of stem cells to large numbers and for optimizing protocols to generate large numbers of micro-tissues from...
Higher Degree Technician, IdiPAZ, Spain, 21 days ago
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated technician to work in paediatric cancer The candidate will join a translational multidisciplinary group formed by clinicians, oncologists, resear...
Basquevolt: Cell Failure Analysis Engineer, BASQUEVOLT, Spain, 3 days ago
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it ...
Master Thesis Biochemical Modification Of Conductive Protein Fibers For The Next Generation Bioelectronics, Helmholtz, Germany, about 5 hours ago
Your Job: The Master thesis project aims to develop a novel biochemical approaches for the manipulation of conductive cable bacteria fibers. The secret of cable bacteria conductivity is in their p...
A*Star Research Attachment Programme (Arap), University of Warwick, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
A*STAR Research Attachment Programme (ARAP) The Warwick - A*STAR Research Attachment Programme offers fully funded 4 year PhD studentships in Molecular Cell Biology and Microbiology, with students...
Research , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 2 days ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 56 000 students and 6 600 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...