At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology, Aalborg University’s Copenhagen Campus a full-time position as research assistant is open for appointment for a period of 1 year from October 1 2021 or soon thereafter. The candidate is expected to work in-person at the Copenhagen campus. The Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology has as its goal the development of an innovative cluster of engineering-based environments for education and research which integrate creativity, engineering and technology within the disciplines of architecture, urban design, industrial design, digital design and interactive media. The department is a leading research and educational environment in Denmark that addresses the challenge of the interplay between creativity and technology, and develops new areas in research and education directed towards the end-user.
The position is placed in the Service Design research group of the Medialogy Section at the Copenhagen campus and will entail participating in the WeNet EU project (www.internetofus.eu ). The WeNet consortium consists of partners ranging from Sociology to different areas of Artificial Intelligence and Social Computing, as well as Ethics and Design. Our group’s focus in participating in the project is to integrate the work of different partners in coherent designs that are tested at the different pilot sites. AAU is also in charge of the coordination of the pilots’ activities.
The project started in 2019 and several pilots have been carried out to test the development of the WeNet platform and application. In the final one and half year of the project, which will end in December 2022, more pilots will be organized to iterate on the design of both artefacts, with the need of collecting and analysing the data to perform the formative and summative evaluation.
The research assistant will work in conjunction with research partners and colleagues from the Service Design Lab and the WeNet project, helping to write deliverables for the European commission and to publish internationally recognised research with a specific focus on the organization of the local AAU pilot and on the analysis of the data derived from it.
More specifically the research assistant will have the following tasks :
- Support the organization of the local pilot at AAU.
- Apply quantitative approaches to data collection and analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Combine the quantitative approach with qualitative stakeholder involvement approaches such as workshops and interviews for evaluation purposes.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following specification:
- Master’s degree in the area of UX Design, Interaction Design, Digital Design, Industrial Design, Techno-anthropology.
- Documented experience with digital tools for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Documented experience with digital tools for research management.
- Demonstrable understanding of good practice in research conduct providing examples (including in research ethics, research integrity and handling research data).
- Demonstrable ability to be an effective and collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, able to adopt an appropriate style for a range of specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Demonstrable understanding of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Social Computing, and their design implications.
You may obtain further professional information from Associate Professor Michael Mullins, tel. +45 9940 7164, mail: email@example.com
The required level of qualifications is at master level.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Copy of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and, if any, PhD) On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the "Apply online" button below.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Camilla Bjerregaard Bock by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 9582.
Appointment to Research Assistant may be for a period of up to three years. Reappointment may be made, but a Research Assistant can only be appointed to Research Assistant for a period of maximum three years. Further information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
One (1) Research Assistant Position "Nutritionist Dietician", International Hellenic University, Greece, 22 days ago
The research assistant will participate in the activities of WP3 “Experts knowledge models” and WP7 “Large-scale system validation”, and more specifically in the following deliverables: D3.4: Fina...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Design Of Stakeholder Interaction In Living Labs In Agricultural Landscapes (M/F/D) [Reference N° 70 2021], Leibniz, Germany, 9 days ago
The ZALF project Prep-LL aims to establish the basis for a regional network of living labs (LL) to support co-innovation and transformation for sustainable agricultural landscapes. In establishing...
Research Fellow, Soft Robot Design And Actuation, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 18 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a skilled and motivated candidate, with expertise in soft robotics design and technologies, for research in assistive robotics. The selected candidate will be as...
Professor Of University / Postdoctoral Degree In Art, Artistic Discipline Of Fine Arts And..., State University of Applied Sciences in Nowy Sacz, Poland, 6 days ago
The competition may be entered by persons who meet the requirements specified in Art. 113 of the Act of July 20, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478, as ame...
Postdoc In Hydrothermal Liquefaction Process Development, Aarhus University (AU), Denmark, 23 days ago
We are seeking applicants for a 2-year Postdoc in Chemical Engineering to join us at the Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering working within developing the hydrothermal liquefaction t...
Ph D Research Fellowship Available As Part Of The Dreams (Design Re Engineering And Modularization In Shipbuilding) Project. , NTNU, Norway, 4 days ago
This is NTNU NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus in professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim. A...