Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University (CEITEC MU)
Brno, Czech Republic | www.ceitec.eu
We are the Czech Republic’s flagship basic research institute based at Masaryk University. Our modern in-house core facilities, which provide open access to the latest technologies and expertise, currently support more than 500 researchers from over 35 countries, who are together pushing the boundaries of knowledge in the areas of structural biology, molecular medicine, genomics and proteomics of plant systems, and neuroscience.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award . We were the first research institution in the Czech Republic that secured one of the top places in the Company of the Year: Equal Opportunities 2020 competition.
See what onboarding at CEITEC MU looks like here .
About the position:
A position of laboratory technician/lab manager is available at the “Protein-DNA interactions” group that is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). The group is studying biological processes using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods for the investigation of protein structures and their interactions (other proteins, nucleic acids, small ligands).
What will your daily tasks include?
- responsibility for day-to-day operation of the lab including the basic management of laboratory resources
- ordering all reagents and plastics for the lab
- preparation of various media and buffers
- cultivation of bacterial cultures
- sharing in performance of biochemistry experiments (PCR, cloning, expression of proteins, etc.)
- management of maintenance and service of shared laboratory equipment
- help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
You have (necessary competencies):
- at least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- high motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- reliability, team player, meticulousness
- knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- computer literacy, MS word, Excel
- excellent experience with molecular biology, protein purification and biochemistry is a big plus
We are offering:
- Medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
- Contribution to a pension scheme
- Flat-rate meal contributions
- A multisport card and sports lessons directly at the Campus
- Reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs
- Special employee bank products
What else you need to know
Application including CV, short motivation letter including description of previous research and technical skills and contacts for at least two referees should be sent by e-application available here . In case of any troubles with filling the e-application, please contact the contact person.
Contact person: Veronika Slezáková firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic application deadline is 30 November 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the Recruitment Committee.
Still hesitating whether to join us?
We value our employees, and we support them from their very first day at CEITEC. We are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and offer a highly collaborative, collegial and family-friendly, international working environment with relocation assistance through our Welcome Office. The selected candidate will become a part of the CEITEC scientific community with access to in-house core facilities and professional administrative support. You will become part of an international team of experts in their fields, who together contribute to improving human life and health. Have a look at what your potential peers say about working at CEITEC MU.
Brno is a lively city surrounded by beautiful countryside. It is a top destination for many educated expatriates working in the areas of science and technology. Brno is located in the heart of Europe and offers a great standard of living.
For more information about the recruitment process, refer to CEITEC MU Recruitment Policy .
For more information about our career system, refer to CEITEC MU Career System .
For more information about onboarding process, refer to a short video .
Laboratory Technician / Lab Manager For The Research Group "Protein Dna Interactions" , Masaryk University, Czech, 6 days ago
Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) Brno, Czech Republic | www.ceitec.eu We are the Czech Republic’s flagship basic research institute based at Masaryk Unive...
Research Group Leader In Virology / Bacteriology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Department: Centre for Structural Biology – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 31 Mar 2023 Start date: Flexible, at the latest January 2024 Job type: full-time Job field: Science ...
Research Group Leader In Virology Or Bacteriology , Masaryk University, Czech, about 10 hours ago
Place of work: Central European Institute of Technology of the Masaryk University (CEITEC MU), Brno, Czech Republic CEITEC MU is the Czech Republic´s flagship research institute in life sciences a...
Lecturer , Masaryk University, Czech, 5 days ago
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Lecturer Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic Type o...
Assistant Professor , Masaryk University, Czech, about 11 hours ago
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant Professor Workplace: Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in ...
Lecturer Ii, Department Of Chemistry, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Department: Department of Chemistry – Faculty of Science Deadline: 13 Dec 2022 Start date: negotiable Job type: full-time Job field: Education and schooling Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masary...