(ref. BAP-2021-795)Laatst aangepast : 17/11/2021
The KU Leuven Institute for Single-Cell Omics (LISCO) has a vacancy for a postdoctoral-level Expert-Technology Scientist and Institute Coordinator. In this position you will be responsible for the development and implementation of data analysis strategies for single-cell multi-omics data integration. You will then also be able to apply these strategies to develop understanding of human aging and disease, in particular Parkinson’s disease. By integrating genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic highly-dimensional data of individual cells using state-of-the-art statistical models and machine learning strategies we aim to answer key fundamental biological questions with potentially high impact in their respective fields. The team of Prof. Thierry Voet is a highly multidisciplinary team developing and using cutting-edge molecular biology and computational methods to study single cells, to investigate human development, aging and disease biology. Prof. Thierry Voet is also the director of the newly founded KU Leuven Institute for Single Cell Omics (LISCO), that nucleates interdisciplinary research with a wide range of research groups. The Voet team also contributes to leading large-scale international communities such as the Human Cell Atlas and the Gut Cell Atlas.
Develop and establish computational analysis methods for single-cell genomic, epigenomic (DNA methylation, open chromatin) and transcriptomic data integration methods as well as spatial molecular analyses.
- Lead in the experimental design, data analysis and interpretation of large-scale single-cell multiomics datasets in the context of human aging and Parkinson’s disease, and coordinate with experimental biologists.
- To play a key role in the publication of the results.
- Report and communicate on progress in meetings.
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or other relevant degree e.g. Bioscience Engineering with a Ph.D. in a relevant subject, e.g. Computational Biology, Functional Genomics, Genomics.
- Motivation and ambition to make a personal contribution to single-cell omics research.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of bioinformatics approaches for DNA and/or RNA next-generation sequence analyses.
- Working proficiency in UNIX/Linux.
- Proficiency in R, Bash and another script programming language (Python, Perl, Ruby, ...).
- Knowledge of human genetics; genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics and next-generation sequencing technologies and data types.
- Excellent strategic thinking, critical and problem-solving skills.
- High level communication skills.
- Ability to be inventive and to present novel ideas in method development, data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Optional skills and experience with an added value
- Experience with single-cell and/or spatial multi-omics analytics and computational method development in the area.
- Experience in statistical modelling, particularly Bayesian modelling (using STAN and/or PyMC).
- Experience using classical and/or deep machine learning methods (using TensorFlow/Keras).
- Experience in creating and implementing complex data workflows (e.g. using Snakemake, Nextflow).
- Experience in creating and using containerized computing environments (e.g using Docker, Singularity).
- Experience with large-scale computational analysis; running software on a high-performance computing cluster or cloud environment.
- A strong scientific publication record.
- An opportunity to work in a unique professional environment at the most innovative university in Europe: the KU Leuven Health Sciences Campus (Leuven, Belgium), where top researchers and top clinicians meet and collaborate.
- A chance to contribute to breakthrough research projects and make an impact for people living with brain diseases.
- A possibility to work independently within a professional research and management team.
- A full-time extendable position and a competitive salary; the project is for 3 years.
Meer informatie is te verkrijgen bij prof. dr. Thierry Voet, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KU Leuven wil een omgeving creëren waarin alle talenten maximaal tot ontplooiing kunnen komen, ongeacht gender, leeftijd, culturele herkomst, nationaliteit of functiebeperking. Hebt u vragen in verband met toegankelijkheid of ondersteuningsmogelijkheden, dan kan u ons contacteren via diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Mapping Single Cell Drug Responses In Glioblastoma Using A Multi Omics Approach, KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
Glioblastoma (GBM) remains the most malignant primary brain tumor. In spite of intensive treatment, current approaches are insufficiently effective to achieve major clinical benefits. GBM typicall...
Master Thesis: Single Cell Multi Omics And Crispr Screens To Uncover The Role Of Senescent Cells In Glioblastoma And Alzheimer’s (M/F/D), Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria, about 4 hours ago
Master thesis: Single-cell multi-omics and CRISPR screens to uncover the role of senescent cells in glioblastoma and Alzheimer’s (m/f/d) We are recruiting an ambitious master thesis student who w...
Researcher In Cancer Immunology (Ref 217246), University of Oslo, Norway, 13 days ago
The position is part of a project funded by the Norwegian Cancer Society, entitled “Precision Immunotherapy for Bladder Cancer”. The aim of this project is to improve treatment of bladder cancer t...
Postdoc (3 Yr): Intracellular Notch Trafficking And Stem Cell Fate At The Grow Institute, Department Radiotherapy, Faculty Of Health, Medicine And Life Sciences, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Research topic The group of Marc Vooijs aims to unravel the tissue and context-specific regulation of Notch family proteins during normal tissue homeostasis and in cancer cells. Notch proteins are...
Scientist (Cell Based Assays, Ind Enabling In Vitro Studies), AbCheck s.r.o., Czech, about 11 hours ago
About AbCheck: AbCheck specializes in the discovery and development of novel human antibodies for medical use. The company’s service portfolio covers all aspects of antibody discovery, from early ...
Laboratory Technician, IrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute, Spain, 3 days ago
IrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute located in Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol has an opening position in the group of Viral Immune evasion and vaccines. The group is looking for a highly motivated l...