- Full time continuing position
- Great opportunity to join the Shared Service Centre and contribute to the excellent service provided by our Service Centre team
- Base Salary $100,032 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in an exciting period of development and uplift in our Shared Service Centre. In order to deliver high quality customer service to our clients we have an excellent opportunity for customer service focused, Shared Service Team Leader to join our team. As the Shared Service Centre Team Leader you will, ensure that an efficient, responsive and consistent level of customer service and support is provided to all customers within the University of Sydney.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- lead, supervise, manage and mentor first point of contact Service Support Team staff members to drive professional behaviours and team/individual performance
- act as a leadership escalation point for all escalated enquiries and tickets received by Shared Service centre staff
- employ continual improvement principles and methodologies
- share knowledge and expertise with Shared Service Centre colleagues and various other groups, cohorts and stakeholders across the University
- develop and encourage a collaborative working environment for Shared Service Centre staff members and management
- proven experience leading, managing and mentoring a diverse team of staff on a busy service desk
- enthusiasm, energy and a proven motivator, who can lead their team to be responsive, engaged, consistent and high performing. Someone who is passionate about helping their team to be the best version of themselves
- experience with traditional and modern Shared Service Desk training methods, tools and techniques
- exceptional customer service skills
- good understanding of the levers and drivers that contribute toward contact centre success
- excellent problem-solving skills
- a pro-active approach to solving queries whilst continually looking for better ways of operating and improving customer service delivery.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, on by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Applications CloseMonday 19 September 2022 11:59 PM
Ref 5590/22 Clinical Placements Officer, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $60,402 to $64,767 pro rata rates Part-Time (0.6 FTE), Ongoing position About Western Ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, We...
Ref 6205/22 Business Administrative Officer, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position until 1 December 2023 About Western Ranked in the top two percent of Universities worldwide, West...
Coordinator, Enrolment And Student Progress, Flinders University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $90,063 - $99,696 p.a. Location: Bedford Park Campus View Position Description About Student Administration Services Stud...
Student Administration Services Assistant, Flinders University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Position Details 2 x positions available Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 4 | $66,844 - $72,093 + 17% super Location: Bedford Park Campus View Position Description Student Adm...
Ids Service Delivery Officer, Flinders University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Availability: Continuing | Full-Time Compensation: Higher Education Officer Level 5 Salary Range: $74,270 - $81,966 p.a. Reporting to: IDS Service Delivery Support Lead Information and Digital Ser...
Lecturer: Information Systems (Level B), University of South Australia, Australia, 2 days ago
Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, 3 year fixed term contract Commencement Salary: Level B $104,838 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role This teaching focused ...