Office Assistant - Student Employee (SUMMER) -
: Education Abroad
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; 10 hours per week; schedule may vary
Salary Range: $8.00
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Primary Purpose/Job Function: The Education Abroad front office serves as a check-in point for students wishing to learn more about studying abroad or meet with an adviser. Student workers help run the front office and report directly to the Front Office Coordinator.
- Greeting visitors and answering general questions pertaining to Education Abroad
- Preparing and maintaining organized files and packets or meeting materials
- Receiving and processing incoming and outgoing mail, both hard copy and the central Education Abroad email account
- Public speaking, including presenting Study Abroad 101 regularly across campus
- Assist Education Abroad professional staff with job functions including management of application materials, social media, student orientations, recruitment, data entry, and other projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student in good standing at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach one: SPRING, SUMMER and/or FALL 2019 ONE class schedule.
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Public speaking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Composition and proofreading
- Ability to maintain and navigate databases
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and interact positively with faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, copying, filing, faxing, and mail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Occasional bending, lifting, stooping.
- Study abroad experience strongly preferred
- Prefer long-term candidate (through Spring 2020 or beyond)
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior customer service experience
- Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week.
- Start date may vary based
on the new hire’s availability.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: Apr 8, 2019
Regular Student Clerical Central Station Food Lab Buyer, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, 27 days ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. College of Educational and Professiona...
Stlr Office Graphics Media Student Intern, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, 27 days ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. Student Transformative Learning (TL) P...
Digital Media Intern, College Of Business (Stlr Student Tl Project), University of Central Oklahoma, United States, 2 months ago
Please bring any portfolio or prior examples of work with you if selected for an interview. Student Transformative Learning (TL) Projects are funded through UCO's Student Transformative Learning R...