PhD position in Social Psychology
Job advertisement – Faculty of Psychology – Center for Social Psychology
PhD position in Social Psychology
Level of employment
PhD Doc 1 (100%)
Date of entry
Starting date: At the earliest September 1 2022; not later than February 1 2023
The Center for Social Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology of the University of Basel is recruiting for a full-time PhD position (100%) starting September 1 2022, or later. The PhD position is part of an exciting research project on social exclusion funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project uses panel data to investigate how often people are socially excluded and exclude others. The project also offers the opportunity to develop and pursue own research questions that expand the state of knowledge on social exclusion.
- Analyzing large panel data sets
- Independently conceptualizing, designing, and conducting experimental research studies
- Coordinating and managing research projects
- Mentoring research assistants
- Documenting and presenting research findings in English
- Supervising students and reviewing their contributions students (seminar, bachelor and master theses); supporting examinations on the BSc and MSc level
- Taking responsibility for various organizational processes within the Center for Social Psychology
- Supporting the center in communication & outreach activities (websites, media contact, brochures, annual reports, etc.)
- Continuing your education/training (e.g., taking courses on research methods and didactics)
- You hold a very good MSc degree in Psychology or a related discipline (e.g., Sociology) in combination with Psychology
- You have excellent knowledge of research methods and statistics; ideally you are familiar with the analysis of large panel data sets; at a minimum, you are willing to quickly learn these skills independently
- Your long-term goal is a position in academia
- You wish to be an integral part of an international team and contribute to its success
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- You have a high level of commitment and intrinsic motivation
- Your written/spoken English proficiency is very good (the working language in our team is English)
- A solid written/spoken German proficiency is advantageous
- You are open to the idea of spending part of your PhD outside of Switzerland
We offer you
- The possibility to pursue a PhD in Psychology
- Very good mentoring
- Joining a dedicated team that enjoys collaborating on various projects
- Positive and productive working atmosphere in which you can develop yourself and realize your potential
- Well-equipped working environment
- An attractive salary
- Participation in an active and interesting doctoral program in the field of Social, Economic, and Decision-Making Psychology
- The Department of Psychology provides an excellent environment at one of the leading research universities in Europe
- Basel is situated in Switzerland, at the borders to France and Germany. It's a great and welcoming city, and an excellent place to live and work. Quality of life, health care, and public transportation meet the highest standards
The University of Basel stands for excellence through diversity and is committed to equal opportunities and family-friendliness.
Application / Contact
Please submit your application as *one single* PDF file with the applicant's name as the file name by e-mail to Saskia Bollin, sp-at-unibas.ch, no later than June 30 2022. This file should consist of a short cover letter describing your research interests and fit to the position, your curriculum vitae, all relevant certificates, the contact details of one expert in the field (whom we may ask for a reference letter), and one scientific contribution you authored (e.g., short abstract of or your entire qualification thesis; a manuscript; a journal article).
Please do not hesitate to send us an email for further inquiries to Prof. Dr. Rainer Greifeneder via sp-at-unibas.ch. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Ph D Position In Macroeconomics, University of Basel, Switzerland, 18 days ago
The research group of Macroeconomics (Prof. Lein) of the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Basel invites applications for a PhD position. Starting date: September 1, 2022 or b...
Ph D Student In Surface / Interface Science, University of Basel, Switzerland, 22 days ago
The Swiss Nanoscience Institute (SNI) at the University of Basel is a center of excellence for nanosciences and nanotechnology. In the «Nanolab» we are interested in the controlled self-assembly o...
Ph D Position – Simulation Of The German Building Stock For Decarbonization Using Ai, Helmholtz, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Your Job: The goal of this thesis is to evaluate and generate detailed transition path for the decarbonization of the German building stock. Based on data sets about residential and commercial bui...
Ph D Position On Sustainable Health Behavior Change (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
PhD position on Sustainable health behavior change (1.0 FTE) (222406E) « Back to the overview Job description Project description It is a well-known phenomenon that many people try to change their...
Ph D Student Department Of Work, Organisation And Society, Ghent University, Belgium, 5 days ago
Last application date Oct 12, 2022 00:00 Department PP09 - Department of Work, Organisation and Society Contract Limited duration Degree Master degree in Psychology (or related Behavioral Sciences...
Ph D Discovering The Psychology Of Communicating Tipping Points For Social Change, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
PhD Discovering the psychology of communicating tipping points for social change (222542) « Back to the overview Job description We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following 4...