The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
Senckenberg BiK-F invites applications for a
PostDoc Position (m/f/d)
in the project Geobiodiversity research
We are searching candidates with experience in large-scale biodiversity research, a strong background in paleontology, macroevolution, or macroecology, and an interest in understanding drivers of biodiversity dynamics over deep evolutionary timescales until today. You will be part of a large international team in a friendly and constructive working environment that spans interdisciplinary expertise across macroevolution, macroecology, paleontology, community and movement ecology, and biodiversity and ecosystem functions.
- Analysis of diversity trajectories and diversification rates in large mammals
- Investigation of different aspects of diversity (compositional, phylogenetic, traits)
- Development and application of statistical methods to test the effects of abiotic, biotic, and anthropogenic drivers on mammalian diversity and diversification
- Publication of research results in international peer-reviewed journals and presentation at conferences
- Contribution to teaching activities at the Faculty of Geosciences/Geography at Goethe University Frankfurt, co-supervision of undergraduate and graduate student projects
- PhD in evolutionary biology, ecology, paleontology or a related subject
- experience and interest in large-scale biodiversity research and background as detailed above
- Excellent quantitative statistical skills and experience in handling large datasets, preferentially in R
- Strong scientific publication record
- Excellent English language skills; basic knowledge of German is of advantage but not initially required
Salary and benefits are according to a full-time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100%). The contract should start as soon as possible - ideally on September 1st, 2021 - and will be limited for three years with an option of extension pending available funding.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invite women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-21006) before July 12th, 2021 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing your motivation, a one-page research plan stating your research interests and ideas for the project, a detailed CV, and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For more information contact Prof. Dr. Susanne Fritz (susanne.fritz(at)senckenberg.de ).
Doctoral Researcher (Ph D Student) In The Field Of Contemporary History, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 1 hour ago
The PhD student will join the Popkult project, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) in Germany and the National Research Fund (FNR) in Luxembourg and will be hosted at the Luxembour...
Ph.D. Student (M/F/D) In The Field Of M Xene Synthesis, INM - Leibniz-Institute for New Materials gGmbH, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research inst...
Ph D Position 'The Contribution Of Solar Parks To Vertebrate Biodiversity', Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Do you have a passion for doing ecological research? Are you interested to find out how the energy transition and wildlife conservation could go hand in hand? Do you want to contribute scientifica...
Researcher / Ph D Candidate To Analyse Options For Climate Change Mitigation, Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Germany, 18 days ago
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically...
Postdoc Position (F/M/D) Academy For European Human Rights Protection, University of Cologne, Germany, 3 days ago
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offe...
Scientist Position (M/F/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 10 hours ago
The Institute for Auditory Neuroscience of the University Medical Center Göttingen (Germany) invites applications for a Specialization: in Hard- and Software Development Limitation: initially limi...