- Your PhD project will focus on novel antiviral (antiphage) strategies of bacteria. In particular, you will study the role of secondary metabolites and their mode of action in the defense against viruses infecting actinobacteria (Streptomyces).
- You will benefit from annual SPP meetings, workshops and trainings organized at the Forschungszentrum and within the frame of the priority program.
- Your methodological focus will be on genetic engineering, next-generation sequencing (NGS, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq), LC-MS/MS, and single-cell analysis (microscopy and flow cytometry).
- MSc degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or similar disciplines
- Experience in and enthusiasm for Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Virology/Phage Biology
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- High degree of independence and commitment
- Reliable and conscientious style of working and excellent ability to cooperate and work in a team
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change. Become a part of the innovative new DFG priority program focusing on “New concepts in prokaryotic virus-host interaction (SPP 2330)”, which started in summer 2021!
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure with low teaching load – ideal conditions for successfully completing a doctoral degree
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment in one of the largest research institutions in Europe
- Actively participate in (international) conferences and SPP project meetings
- A large research campus in a green area, which offers best opportunities for networking with colleagues as well as for sporty compensation besides work
- A structured doctoral program for you and your supervisors with a comprehensive range of continuing education and networking opportunities via the JuDocs doctoral platform (https://www.fz-juelich.de/judocs)
- Partner university for the doctoral exam will be the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (https://www.math-nat-fak.hhu.de/en/doctoral-research)
- A comprehensive training programme for scientific and personal development e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The employment of doctoral researchers at Jülich is governed by a doctoral contract, which usually has a term of three years. Salary is above average, equivalent to 75% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph D Position In Bioinformatics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) at SDU PhD position in Bioinformatics Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) aims to generate new knowledge on the function of the human body and disease m...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position In Skin Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 17 days ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Ph D Position Super Resolution Visualisation And Control Of Cellular Dynamics, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Would you like to contribute to groundbreaking research on establishing microscopy-guided automated real-time control of biological processes, as a PhD candidate? Then this might be the vacancy fo...
Studies In Infectious Diseases (Scholarship, Undergraduate And Graduate Level Education), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 19 days ago
The Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching within immunology, infection biology, cell biology and cancer. MTC have about 4...
Ph D Student In Developmental And Psychosocial Origins Of Accelerated…, Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH), Luxembourg, 4 days ago
Background and Research Environment. The IEE Research Group focuses on elucidating the molecular, immune and epigenetic mechanisms that link the early life exposome to negative lifelong health tra...
Postdoctoral Studies In Cardiovascular Research (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet (KI), Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual from universities around the world to join the research team (Division of Card...