For the ifo Center for Foreign Trade we are looking for two
doctoral candidates (f/m/d)
to start in summer/fall 2021 for a doctorate in economics at the chair of the department head Prof. Lisandra Flach at the LMU as well as for the cooperation in research projects. The analyzed economic policy and theoretical issues of the projects deal with current topics in the field of foreign trade. In addition to classical analyses of foreign trade, foreign direct investment and the international networking of firms are examined.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on economically and politico-economic issues of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Which political measures are effective in a globalised world? This is what the Centre for Foreign Trade deals with. Markets today have a global orientation, while political control mechanisms are mostly designed at the national level. The Centre examines the global interplay of political design initiatives. On the basis of its findings, it develops recommendations on how national institutions can exploit the dynamics of globalisation and mitigate the effects of disruptive changes.
You can find more information about the ifo Institute and careers at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- Cooperation in research projects in the field of international trade
- Doctorate in economics at the chair of the department management at the LMU
- Participation in the structured doctoral training of the Munich Graduate School of Economics at the LMU
- Master's degree in economics (or similar field) with above-average grades
- Solid knowledge of the theoretical foundations of economics, the relevant empirical methods
- Ideally knowledge in the field of international trade and/or data science
- Excellent language and formulation skills in English
- German language skills are an advantage
- Comprehensive academic further qualification at one of the best German economics faculties combined with integration into the policy-oriented empirical economic research of one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe and intensive international experience
- Flexible working time organisation
- Many further education and training opportunities
- Limited initially to three years, with an option for extension
- Remuneration based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (75%, TV-L E 13)
- Relocation allowance for employees moving from abroad
- German courses for employees without knowledge of German
With us, you will find an ideal working environment for excellent research. This was also confirmed by the European Commission, which awarded us the "HR Excellence in Research" award in 2019.
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity. It strives to increase the proportion of women in research and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
Please apply with the reference number 2021-008 AW-Dok by 26 March 2021 using this form .
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de .
Doctoral Student (F/M/D) (75%) For The Ifo Center For Macroeconomics And Surveys, ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, Germany, 3 days ago
For the ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys we are looking for a PhD student in economics, with a focus on empirical methods of business cycle research, at the chair of the head of departmen...
12 Phd Candidates (M/F/X) For The International Doctoral Program (Idk) 'Philology: Practices Of... (# Of Pos: 12), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany, about 15 hours ago
12 Phd Candidates (m/f/x) for the International Doctoral Program (IDK) Philology: Practices of premodern cultures, global perspectives and future concepts (Elite Network of Bavaria) Start: October...
Ph D Position In Economics – Granularity And Production Networks, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-265) Laatst aangepast : 31/03/2021 The VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics, established in 2008, is embedded in the Faculty of Economics and Business at KU Leuven. Led by ...
Ph D Position In Co Governance Of Nature Based Solutions (Tv L E13, 65%, 36 Months) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 23 hours ago
31.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair for Strategic Landscape Planning and Management at the TUM School of Life Sciences Weihensteph-an invites applications for a PhD position in Co-Go...
Ph D Position In Economics – Granularity And Production Networks, KU Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
Benefits We offer a PhD-researcher's contract for an initial period of one year, starting 1/09/2021 or 1/10/2021, renewable up to a maximum of four years, subject to positive evaluation. You will ...
Open Position: Ph.D. (F/M) Project Title: Exploring The Autophagy Degradome, Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy), Germany, 7 days ago
The Behrends lab at the Munich Cluster of Systems Neurology of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München is looking for a doctoral researcher who is interested in determining the identity a...