Bioinformatics postdoctoral position in the field of plant-microbe interactions (f/m/d)
Institute for Plant Sciences
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The position is located in the group led by Professor Zuccaro at the Institute for Plant Sciences and the Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences (CEPLAS). The successful candidate will conduct research within the scope of a DFG-funded Germany-wide Priority Programme (SPP 2125 “DECRyPT“ https://ag-zuccaro.botanik.uni-koeln.de/decrypt ) concentrating on comparative genomics and transcriptomics and the development of computational tools to study plant-microbe interactions and evolution (bacteria and fungi).
- Develop and apply computational tools for the analysis of (meta)genome and (meta)transcriptome data
- Advance our understanding on how beneficial and detrimental microbes tightly regulate the expression of effector genes and their function in different plant hosts and in response to other microbes (a cooperation with the DOE Joint Genome Institute “How Beneficial Fungi Regulate Effector Gene Expression“https://jgi.doe.gov/csp-2020-beneficial-fungi-regulate -effector-gene-expression/
- Closely interact with computer scientists and experimental biologists
- Employ computational approaches to deepen our understanding of the evolution and functions of plant microbiota
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, biology or in a related discipline with a strong background in bioinformatics
- Proficiency in the use of Linux/Unix and proven experience in scripting and software development (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java, R)
- Experience in the analysis of comparative genomics and transcriptomics
- The ability to work in an environment at the interface of biology and computer sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We Offer You
- A highly motivated, international and committed team embedded in a highly interdisciplinary research environment
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available immediately on a full-time basis (39,92 hours per week). It is limited to 3 years with the possibility of extension. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the required qualifications including a CV, a one-page letter of interest and contact information for 2-3 academic references. The reference number is Wiss2111-21. The application deadline is 21.12.2021.
Ph D Position @ The Group Of Specialized Metabolism Goossens Lab, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
PhD: Characterization of the composition, functioning and role of transcription factor condensates in jasmonate signalling About the lab The group of Specialized Metabolism (https://www.psb.ugent....
Postdoc (M, W, D) Position In Plant Genetics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 7 hours ago
26.12.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Postdoc will investigate root growth, in a European maize diversity panel in response to fungal signals and drought stress. Furthermore, plant growth in...
Ph D Position In Ecology With Focus On Plant Soil Microbe Interactions In Arctic Ecosystems , Umeå University, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science at Umeå University, Sweden, invites applicants for a PhD position in ecology, with focus on plant-soil-microbe interactions in arctic ecosystems...
Ph D Position In Plant Science With A Focus On Computational Biology , Umeå University, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
The Department of Plant Physiology (Umeå University, Umeå Plant Science Centre, Sweden) invites applicants for a PhD position in plant science with a focus on computational biology. The expected s...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Department Biodiversity, Macroecology And Biogeography) (Id 15994), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 23 hours ago
Einrichtung: Department Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography (ID 15994) Ansprechpartner: Herr Prof. Kreft Besetzungsdatum: 01.04.2022 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 13.01.2022 At the University of...
Ph.D. Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 8 hours ago
The Department of Biological Oceanography at the Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemünde (IOW) invites applications for a Ph.D. position (m/f/d) with a research focus on microbial oce...