Supervisor: Dalibor Blazek, PhD
Annotation: Cdk12 is transcriptional cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) found mutated in various cancers. In previous studies we found that Cdk12 maintains genome stability via optimal transcription of key homologous recombination repair pathway genes including BRCA1. Apart from the C-terminal domain of RNA Polymerase II other cellular substrates for both kinases are not known. In this research we propose using a screen in cells carrying an analog sensitive mutant of CDK12 to discover its novel cellular substrates. The substrates and their roles in normal and cancerous cells will be characterized by various techniques of molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Pilarova K, Herudek J, Blazek D.*: CDK12: Cellular functions and therapeutic potential of versatile player in cancer: Nucleic Acids Research Cancer (Oxford University Press) k2 (1): zcaa003 (2020)
- Chirackal Manavalan A.P., Pilarova K., Kluge M., Bartholomeeusen K., Oppelt J., Khirsariya P., Paruch K., Krejci L., Friedel C.C., Blazek D* : CDK12 controls G1/S progression via regulating RNAPII processivity at core DNA replication genes. EMBO reports 20(9):47592 (2019)
- Ekumi KM, Paculova H, Lenasi T, Pospichalova V, Bösken CA, Rybarikova J, Bryja V, Geyer M, Blazek D*, Barboric M*. Ovarian carcinoma CDK12 mutations misregulate expression of DNA repair genes via deficient formation and function of the Cdk12/CycK complex. Nucleic Acids Research 43(5):2575-89 (2015)
- Bösken CA, Farnung L, Hintermair C, Merzel Schachter M, Vogel-Bachmayr K, Blazek D, Anand K, Fisher RP, Eick D, Geyer M. The structure and substrate specificity of human Cdk12/Cyclin K. Nature Communications 5 (2014).
- Blazek D*., Kohoutek J., Bartholomeeusen K., Johansen E., Hulinkova P., Luo Z., Cimermancic P.,Ule J., Peterlin B.M.: The CycK/Cdk12 complex maintains genomic stability via regulation of expression of DNA damage response genes. Genes and Development 25 (20): 2158-2172 (2011).
Requirements on candidates:
Background in molecular biology, biochemistry or life sciences. Interest in bioinformatics and data analyses is desirable.
More information on CEITEC PhD School website: https://ls-phd.ceitec.cz/ and Research Group website: https://www.ceitec.eu/inherited-diseases-transcriptional-regulation/rg38 .
In case you are interested. Please, submit your CV and motivation letter via Registration Form .
Listen to the experiences of our PhD students:
Postdoctoral Position In Regulation Of Gene Expression And Molecular Carcinogenesis Group, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Department: Dalibor Blažek Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 15 Mar 2022 Start date: negotiable Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research CEITEC is a s...
Ph D Studentships: Deterministic Entangled Photon Sources Built Using Semiconductor Quantum Dot Molecules , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 23 hours ago
13.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The chair for Semiconductor Nanostructures and Quantum Systems (SNQS) at the Walter Schottky Institut (WSI - Prof. Dr. J. J. Finley) is looking for a doctor...
Postdoctoral Position (M/F/D) In Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 3 hours ago
We are offering a Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d) in Cell Biology. Job Description Specific targeting and endosomal escape still remain crucial hurdles for successful implementation of macromolecula...
Sti – Ph D Position In Advanced Micro Manufacturing And Educational Sciences, EPFL, Switzerland, about 10 hours ago
We have an open PhD position for candidates having a science or engineering background and who are highly motivated towards addressing the challenges in education that arise from the digitization ...
Postdoc Position: Fabrication And Characterization Of Thermal Routers Based On 2 D Heterostructures And Graphite, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
We envision a candidate that will be using thin-film layer deposition techniques, like Chemical Vapor Deposition, to achieve conformal 2D layers (transitional metal dichacolgenides) on top of grap...
Ph D Position (F/M/D) (Development Of Biophysical Models For And Simulation Of Topological Changes Of Membranes) (Id 15985), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 11 hours ago
Einrichtung: Development of biophysical models for and simulation of topological changes of membranes (ID 15985) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Marcus Müller Besetzungsdatum: 01.03.2022 Veröffentlichu...