CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/ ).
Title: Supramolecular anticancer metallodrugs
Supervisor: Radek Marek
A PhD position in Supramolecular Inorganic Chemistry is available in the group of Radek Marek (publons.com/researcher/1282154/radek-marek/ ) at the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), Brno, Czechia. The project focuses on emerging field of supramolecular anticancer metallodrugs derived from platinum and ruthenium compounds. To address basic chemical questions related to the structure and biological response (cytotoxicity, antimetastatic activity) we use advanced methods of inorganic synthesis, supramolecular chemistry, NMR spectroscopy, molecular modeling and others. The fellowship requires admission to the PhD program at the Faculty of Science. The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. The position is co-funded by the Czech Science Foundation and its period is 3 years.
- M. Sojka, R. Marek et al. Inorg. Chem. 2021, 60, in press. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.1c02467
- S. Malali, R. Marek et al. Inorg. Chem. 2020, 59, 10185. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.0c01328
- M. Sojka, R. Marek et al. Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 10861. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.9b01203
- J. Chyba, R. Marek et al. Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 8735. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.7b03233
- J. Novotny, R. Marek et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 8432. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.6b02749
Prospective candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- Master degree (or be close to its completion) in chemistry - inorganic, supramolecular, physical, or organic
- Documented training in inorganic or supramolecular chemistry is required
- Interest in chemical, structural, and biomedical research
- Good English language – spoken and written
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to collaborative visits abroad
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
Desirable but not required:
- Good knowledge of NMR spectroscopy
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
What we offer?
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support in learning and development
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- Brno’s friendly surroundings with their rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
Anticipated start date: as soon as possible or upon agreement
Application must include
The application should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The application deadline is January 15, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the Recruitment Committee.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czechia with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast-growing center of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centers of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners)
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about
Postdoctoral Position, Post Doc Ii In Evolutionary Ecology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department: Department of Botany and Zoology – Faculty of Science Deadline: 6 Feb 2022 Start date: 1.3.2022 (date is negotiable) Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Bursar of the ...
Postdoctoral Position: Development Of Ultralow Energy Ion Implantation, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-27) Laatst aangepast : 12/01/2022 We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our team developping ultralow energy ion implantation setups. You will be par...
Postdoctoral Position In Regulation Of Gene Expression And Molecular Carcinogenesis Group, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Department: Dalibor Blažek Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline: 15 Mar 2022 Start date: negotiable Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research CEITEC is a s...
Postdoc Position In Oncogene Driven Signalling In Melanoma, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Department: Stjepan Uldrijan Research Group – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 28 Feb 2022 Start date: Jully 2022 Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Medical Faculty of Masaryk Unive...
Postdoc Position In Chemical Exposure Profiling And Metabolomics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Department: RECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline: 1 Mar 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk Universi...
Postdoc Position In Bioinformatics In Stem Cell Neurobiology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Histology and Embryology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline 28 Feb 2022 Start date Jully 2022 Job type full-time Job field Science and research Medical Faculty of Masaryk Univ...