BioPort is a young and dynamic research group composed of 6 researchers at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Centre for Synthetic Biology of Ghent University focussing on the emerging research line of extracellular transport over biological membranes related to Industrial Biotechnology and SynBio. We work on several fundamental and applied aspects of microbial transport systems to promote compound membrane crossing in a synthetic biology context (check our website at www.bioport.ugent.be and www.csb.ugent.be ). You will be hired on a project named “Improving Channels Proteins for Microbial Cell Factories” with a focus on aquaporins, their engineering and/or mining and high throughput methods linked to application in industrial microorganisms.
- You have a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland
- Experience with molecular biology and microbiology is essential
- Experience with industrial biotechnology, synthetic biology or biochemistry is a plus
- Being fluent in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- You proved to have scientific maturity and independence
- You are creative, can think out of the box and have a pioneering spirit
- You are able to deal with failure
- You are a team player
- If relevant, we will support your personal application for a FWO PhD fellowship strategic basic research or FWO PhD fellowship fundamental research with deadline of March 1st 2022. Obtaining such a scholarship will allow you to extend your research time and priority will be given to candidates willing and entitled to apply for such scholarship. More information on these PhD-scholarships can be found on the webpages mentioned below:
Some requirements related to these scholarships:
- You have obtained your master degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude), and no longer than 3 years ago calculating from 01/03/2022
- You have not previously received a FWO fellowship (not even in part)
- At deadline of submission (01/03/2022), you have no more than 18 months of scientific experience
How to apply
If you are an eligible candidate, are enthusiastic about this subject and are interested in joining our BioPort team, please send your motivation letter and CV (including study results, thesis research topic, contact information of possible referee persons and a recent picture of yourself) to Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert@ugent.be) by November 5th, 2022 the latest. Please use the reference Application_BOF24. Non-eligible candidates will not get a reply.
Ph D Student Department Of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium, 22 days ago
Last application date Dec 05, 2021 00:00 Department WE14 - Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering, Bioinformatics, ...
1 2 Postdoctoral Positions In Biophysics, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Published: 2021-11-18 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Doctoral Candidate (Ph D Student) In The Field Of Ras Cancer Cell Biology, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 15 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Ph D (F/M/D) Generative Machine Learning Of Time Lapse Virological Imaging Data / Master’s Degree In..., Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR), Germany, 28 days ago
Area of research: PHD Thesis Part-Time Suitability: The position is suitable for part-time employment. Starting date: 01.12.2021 Job description: As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German...
Two Positions: One Year Doctoral Fellowship On “Justice And Migration: A Normative Theory Of Rights Differentiation”, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 23 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2021-817) Laatst aangepast : 29/11/2021 The RIPPLE (Research in Political Philosophy and Ethics in Leuven) Center at KU Leuven welcomes applicants for two one-year doctoral fellowships i...
Postdoctoral Position In Structural Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Published: 2021-11-15 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...