Department: Department of Chemistry
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Chemistry in the Faculty of Sciences is looking for 4 full-time
doctoral scholarship holders in the field of chemistry
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of chemistry.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching, research and service support tasks for the Department of Chemistry.
- You hold a Master degree in Chemistry, bio-engineering, in applied sciences (engineering) or civil engineering, each time with specialization in chemistry. Candidates that obtain their master degree before the start of the scholarship can also apply.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies and the Department of Chemistry .
- You are a motivated person, willing to show commitment for a doctoral project, and to apply for an external fellowship (e.g., FWO strategic research fellowships 2021).
- You can communicate fluently in English and Dutch.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You show a pronounced interest in the research of one of the research groups of the Chemistry department at the University of Antwerp.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 1 January 2022.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at campus Groenenborger or campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 21 October 2021. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV, a letter of acceptance from your promoter and a statement that you are willing to look for additional funding.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The further selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place in the week of 8 November 2021.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. Filip Lemière, tel. 03/265.34.06, email@example.com .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Infection Immunology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 8 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20,000 student...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Quantifying And Modelling The Impact Of Small Scale Water Retention..., University of Antwerp, Belgium, 7 days ago
Let's shape the future - University of Antwerp UAntwerpen and KULeuven, in collaboration with ILVO are looking for a full-time (100%) Joint Doctoral Scholarship holder in the field of quantifying ...
Ph D Position In Artificial Enzymes, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
The Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy , University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense invites applications for a PhD position in the field of artificial enzyme from Dr Changzhu Wu gro...
Ph D Scholarship In Pickering Emulsions With Omega 3 Fatty Acids For Food Applications, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Would you like to start your career in a European training network of leading research universities and professionals from the industry? Then you might be interested in this PhD position, which wi...
Postdoc Position In Industrial Tailored Co2 Capture, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 8 days ago
We welcome applicants for an exciting postdoc position where you will take part in a project that contributes to the development of a multi-pathway platform for CO2 capture and storage. This proj...
Ph D/Postdoc Position: Numerical Modeling Of Plasmas For Methane Conversion At The Faculty Of Science Engineering, Department Circular Chemical Engineering, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 15 days ago
PROJECT DESCRIPTION The chemical industry urgently needs to cut its CO2 emissions. Electrification will reduce emissions from processes by powering them with renewable electricity in place of foss...