Department: Department of Economics
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Economics in the Faculty of Business and Economics is looking for a full-time doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Economics with a focus on family economics and/or social and economic networks.
- You will work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of Economics within the framework of a research project financed by the Research Board of the University of Antwerp with prof. Luca Paolo Merlino as promotor.
- You will acquire the relevant skills towards that goal by following PhD level courses.
- You will actively participate in the research activities of the Department of Economics .
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the Department of Economics.
- You hold a Master degree in Economics or related fields.
- You can demonstrate excellent track in your study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is October 1, 2021, or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at the Stadcampus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
- We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including August 15, 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV, the results obtained in the courses completed in your BA and Master degree and the names of some references.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Interviews will take place online at the end of August/beginning of September 2021.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. Luca Paolo Merlino , LucaPaolo.Merlino@uantwerpen.be .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Scholarship Holder Aquatic Ecotoxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 10 days ago
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 student...
Doctoral Scholarship Holder Cardiovascular Disease, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 29 days ago
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and p...
Lane Capital Scholarship The University Of Auckland, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, about 6 hours ago
A Scholarship of $8,000 per year for up to five years to assist a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident enrolling full-time in the first year of an undergraduate degree in Architecture, Busine...
Ph D Vacancy For Financial Reporting (And Auditing) In A Nonprofit Context, KU Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
Benefits We offer employment as a full-time doctoral researcher for a maximum period of 4 years (pending positive yearly evaluations). Eligibility criteria - You have earned a Master degree in bus...
Ph D Empowering Women By Relieving Economic/ Psychological Barriers, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching...
Academic Position In Economic Theory, KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
Benefits The vacancy is open to both junior and senior researchers. PhD students in the final phase of their studies may also apply. The successful candidate will be hired in the rank of Assistant...