The Videographer PRN Videotapes and edits lecture videos in studio and on-site locations for online courses and digital learning initiatives for ASU Herberger Institute of Design and the Arts. Receives instruction and collaborates with developers and instructional designers on staff.
This is a part-time "on-call" position
Graphic & Visual Arts
Herberger Inst Online Learning
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$25.81 - $38.71 per hour; DOE
- Videotapes lectures using video camera equipment
- Makes technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio assets and lectures
- Ensures consistency and relevancy to production
- Monitors technical quality of end product.
- Assists a producer/director regarding preconceived ideas and physical realities of production setting.
- Tests all equipment to determine technical quality of recording, audio and lighting apparatus prior to operation in the field.
- Assists in preparing course content including, but not limited to, digital audio, video, graphics, multimedia, and documents.
- Define project tasks, track and complete video production projects
- Adheres to timelines and deadlines
- Maintains confidentiality
Bachelor's degree in Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related area AND one year experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Five years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to work well independently, follow directions, and multi-task
- Ability to record produce high-quality video content
- Knowledge of lighting and audio equipment
- Proficient in video production software, including Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience in using communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience producing content in the higher education arena
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of television broadcasting rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of field production techniques and standards.
- Skill in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Travel to/from various campus locations may be necessary
The Herberger Institute comprises the School of Art; School of Arts, Media and Engineering; The Sidney Poitier New American Film School; School of Music, Dance and Theatre; The Design School; and the ASU Art Museum. With 130 degree and certificate options, and programs ranked top 20 in art, design, music, theatre, digital culture, film, dance and more, plus a top university art museum, a leading immersive media facility, and national and international partnerships, the Herberger Institute is a powerhouse of art, culture and design.
Our mission is to position designers, artists, scholars and educators at the center of public life and prepare them to use their creative capacities to advance culture, build community and imaginatively address today’s most pressing challenges.
The vision of the Herberger Institute is to advance the New American University by embedding designers, artists and arts-based inquiry at its core and throughout the communities it serves locally, nationally and internationally. With 7,000+ students, mare than 700 faculty members, and 130 program options, the Herberger Institute is committed to redefining the 21st-century design and arts school.
As part of Arizona State University, the most innovative university in the nation, the Herberger Institute seeks to drive and scale new ways for arts and design to have impact in our world. We invite you to join our work.
• Creativity as a core 21st-century competency
• Design and the arts as critical resources for transforming our society
• Innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship
• Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaboration and research
• Social embeddedness
• Projecting all voices
Why work @ASU - https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Total compensation at ASU is defined as more than the salary paid for the valuable work performed to support the success of our ASU students. It includes:
• Salary and wages paid
• Comprehensive package of affordable benefit plans and programs
• Access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates
• ASU's total compensation estimator shows the approximate value of your overall compensation
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options
• Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
• Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Faculty Positions, School Of Film And Television Arts (All Ranks), XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 7 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts Position: Faculty Positions, School of Film and Television Arts (All Ranks) Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film...
Faculty Position, School Of Film And Television Arts (Open Ranks) , ;, China, 3 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Me...
Professor, Academy Of Film And Creative Technology , ;, China, 4 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – Academy of Film and Creative Technology Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Media Production, Cultural an...
Professor, Academy Of Film And Creative Technology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 7 days ago
School: Academy of Film and Creative Technology Position: Professor Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Media Production, Cultural and Creative ...
Professor, School Of Film And Television Arts, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 7 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts (Part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology). Position: Professor Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV an...
Professor, School Of Film And Television Arts , ;, China, 3 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts (Part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology) Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Manage...