The Pace Center for Civic Engagement works to make service and civic engagement a central part of the Princeton student experience. The Community Partner-in- Residence positions will support the Pace Center's vision of building a culture of social responsibility that inspires students to contribute to systemic change in order to build an equitable and just world. Specifically, the Community Partner-in-Residence directly supports the Pace Center’s goal of deepening and expanding our work in Trenton and Princeton by bringing leaders from those communities into positions as co-educators. The incumbents will work closely with stakeholders including staff, students, campus and community partners to support and strengthen relationships, elevate community knowledge and develop resources around campus-community partnerships. Access to resource to support programming will be provided.
We are seeking two Community Partner-in-Residence positions; one to represent the Princeton community and the other to represent the Trenton community. The position is 10-15 hours per week, March - June 2022 and resumes September - December 2022. (The work may include some nights and weekends). Opportunities for professional development will be provided.
Cultivate Relationships and Elevate Community Knowledge:
- Support the convening of community stakeholders to understand community goals, needs, opportunities and challenges.
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours open to students and campus partners elevating areas of expertise and community knowledge/perspective.
- Partner with student groups and staff on community-engaged programming and projects.
- Participate in Pace Center staff meetings and relevant working groups.
Development of Resources:
- Participate in guiding relevant project proposals to be in line with community priorities.
- Develop resources such as workshops, training modules, manuals to support best practices related to areas of expertise and campus-community partnerships.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with community-focused programs
- Experience supervising or supporting volunteers
- Experience working in and alongside community
- Experience working with diverse groups to ensure access and inclusion
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience planning events
- Experience training and/or mentoring college-aged students
- Knowledge of campus-community partnership best practices
- Knowledge of community needs and assets in Mercer County NJ
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. Your candidate dashboard may not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
The position is 10-15 hours per week, March - June 2022 and resumes September - December 2022. (The work may include some nights and weekends).
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Go to our careers site.
Senior Program Coordinator Spvr, Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Program Coordinator Spvr Job Category Staff & Executive Department School of Business - Cmd Overview Rutgers University–Camde...
Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner, Rutgers University, United States, 13 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner Job Category Staff & Executive - Medical (Clinical) - Nurse Practitioner Department RHS Counseling & P...
Epidemiologist (Vaccine Preventable Disease Program), Rutgers University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Epidemiologist (Vaccine Preventable Disease Program) Job Category Staff & Executive - Medical (Clinical) - Infectious Diseases/Geogr...
Foreperson Custodial Services, Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Foreperson Custodial Services Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department IPO-Envir. Services-New Bruns. Ov...
Program Coordinator Ii, Rutgers University, United States, 14 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Program Coordinator II Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department Grad Sch of Edu-Dean's Office Overview R...
Public Health Representative Iii, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Public Health Representative III Job Category Staff & Executive - Healthcare Department EOHSI Overview With its broad and multidisci...