The University of Kansas has implemented a Shared Service Center (SSC) model to support campus transactional activities in HR, finance and research administration. The SSC Process Improvement Manager is responsible for, supporting existing SSC systems, ensuring current processes and systems are being fully utilized in the SSC, developing internal training materials for SSC staff as necessary, and exploring new opportunities to utilize technology. This position reports to the SSC Lead Director and is considered a member of the SSC management team. The SSC Process Improvement Manager will work collaboratively with SSC Directors, SSC Managers, and central offices to implement strategies for training SSC staff and improving processes and services. They will provide support to the Lead Director’s role as liaison to central offices. The SSC Process Improvement Manager also provides support to SSC Staff Committees and to staff representing the SSCs on campus project and workgroup activities related to transactional activities.
30% System/Production Support
- Serves as the functional lead for SSC business processes including but not limited to:
(Resolves workflow issues, fields questions, and works with other campus stakeholders to implement system changes as needed)
- 3G Workflow in ImageNow (Graduate Research Assistant, Graduate Teaching Assistant, and Graduate Assistant appointments and sponsorships)
- Summer Pay Collection (SPC) system
- Federal Work Study tracking system in SharePoint
- Provides support as needed to SSC representatives on functional teams
- Escalates questions and issues appropriately to the SSC Directors or central offices.
- Maintains the SSC website regarding system and process documentation.
- Collaborates with SSC Managers and Staff to update processes as needed
- May collaborate with or provide support to SSC Staff Committees
- Ensures appropriate documentation of SSC processes, including maintenance of the SSC process flow library
- Updates or creates standard operating procedure documents (SOPs)
- Develops engaging training materials such as presentations, tips sheets, workflows, videos, etc.
- Supports the Lead Director's role as liaison to central offices to ensure SSC Staff receive robust, clear, and consistent training that dovetails with central office training and fosters best practices.
- Identifies technology solutions for currently manual processes in order to increase overall SSC efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works with SSC staff to eliminate departmental shadow systems while ensuring existing reports can be produced from enterprise systems (e.g. OAC, Concur, FITC, etc.)
- Supports the Lead Director’s role as liaison to SSC stakeholders to ensure SSC processes are consistent and meet the needs of the university
- Develops reports and analyses for SSC Leadership to inform decisions regarding staffing levels in the SSCs and to establish and track SSC metrics
- Works with the office of Analytics and Institutional Research to develop SSC reports and dashboards in Oracle Analytics in the Cloud (OAC)
- Compiles transaction data from university ERP systems and from surveys
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact Information to Applicants
Pat Kuester, SSC Lead Director
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
Advertised Salary Range
Starts at $65,000
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M-F, 40 hours per week
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).