The Poverty Inequality Research Lab (PIRL) is seeking a Sr. Research Data Analyst to support the research team in the management, analysis, and reporting of datasets varying in size, complexity, and scope. The individual will work closely with other research team members to support the conduct of trials and coinciding studies. The individual may also be responsible for liaising with external collaborative groups independently of the PI to present research updates and facilitate research with external collaborators.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Extensive data collection, fieldwork and travel.
- Data management including data checking and cleaning.
- Merging data, creating and recoding variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Analyzing data using a variety of standard statistical techniques.
- Presenting and summarizing analyses in various formats including raw output, tables, and graphics, oral and written reports. This includes internal presentations within the group as well as external communications to collaborators across institutions.
- Supervise trainees at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Contributes to publications.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzing longitudinal, cross-sectional, and clustered data.
- Analysis of above data types using a variety of statistical techniques including linear and logistic regression, mixed effects models, principal component analysis, and potentially more rigorous methods like functional concurrent regression, and others if needed.
- Risk factor analysis, growth modelling, and survival analysis.
- Data management, which includes, but is not limited to, creating strategies for capturing, cleaning, and quality control checks for new and existing studies.
- Merging data, creating, and recoding variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Support the design of data entry systems using MAXQDA, STATA, R and other software.
- Interpreting, presenting and summarizing analyses in various formats including tables, graphics, oral reports, and written reports. This includes internal presentations within the center as well as external communications to collaborators across institutions and conferences.
- Contributes to and/or leads the preparation of manuscripts and other publications.
- Occasionally provides statistical advice to faculty, staff & graduate students in regards to study design, sample size and power analysis, etc.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Minimally require Master's degree in related discipline.
- One year related experience.
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Two year of professional experience as a data analyst or similar quantitative position.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in R statistical analysis software package as well as Microsoft Office software and MAXQDA required.
- Programming skills in additional software packages (STATA, SAS, etc.) desirable but not required.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills required.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work independently on assigned tasks.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Required: All IRB-required courses, appropriate study related certifications/training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The qualified candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate on a professional level, act appropriately and effectively with all levels of staff, exercise good judgment. Maintains utmost confidentiality.
- Work directly under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Will supervise or oversee the work of others engaged in data collection.
Classified Title: Sr. Research Data Analyst
Working Title: Sr. Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $52,495 to $72,210 per year
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: 10001377-Sociology
Personnel area: School of Arts & Sciences
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com . For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
Staff Scientist Pathology/Immunology Laboratory & Genomic Medicine 50265, University of Washington, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Type/Schedule This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Department Name/Job Location This position is in the Department of Pathology and Immunology, Division of Lab...
Staff Scientist Medical Oncology 50131, University of Washington, United States, 27 minutes ago
Job Type/Schedule This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Department Name/Job Location This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. ...
Financial Analyst I Faculty Practice Plan 50091, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type/Schedule This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Department Name/Job Location This position is in the Department of Faculty Practice Plan. This position is ...
Business Analyst Iii (Time Limited) Office Of The Executive Vice Chancellor For Administration 5, University of Washington, United States, 21 minutes ago
Job Type/Schedule This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position is time-limited. Funding is currently committed up to 6/30/2022; continued funding will be req...
Senior Statistical Data Analyst Biostatistics 50207, University of Washington, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Type/Schedule This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Department Name/Job Location This position is in the Department of Biostatistics. The position is located a...
Data Extraction Analyst Institute For Health Metrics And Evaluation, University of Washington, United States, about 3 hours ago
Description: The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is an independent research center at the University of Washington. Its mission is to deliver to the world timely, relevant, and ...