Responsible for more complex grants and/or broader scope and may lead/supervise one or more grant assistant/specialists. May also oversee center grants.
Primary Duties Responsibilities
- Serves as lead or may direct Grant Assistants or Grant Specialists. May train others in all pre and post award administrative functions.
- Advises PI and Grant Specialist(s) on the development of grant budgets according to established agency/university guidelines and lab needs. May coordinate the submission and post award activities for clinical trial studies; prepare forms and materials for the Center for Clinical Studies, work with PI to prepare budget, obtain pricing quotes from other Departments, draft funding letters, prepare and submit invoices according to final executed contract, track receipt of checks from sponsor and ensure they are deposited in correct fund.
- Serves as internal liaison and grant content representative, ensuring that all funds are set up in a timely manner; prepare any necessary project advances, no-cost extensions, and ensure that funds are carried forward as appropriate.
- Works with Grant Specialist(s) to ensure timely implementation of contracts and subcontracts.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on complex troubleshooting error resolutions/solutions for grant submissions and financial reports.
- Serves as liaison between faculty/staff in communicating policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares comprehensive and often complex monthly financial reports on all research accounts (expected to be of a large scale/scope). Monitors, analyzes, and provides forecasts for grant budgets ensuring appropriate and timely expenditures and reconciliation of funds. Distribute/discuss with PIs and senior leadership.
- Tracks and maintains online database of grants submitted, awarded, rejected, etc.
- Works with Grant Specialist(s) as needed on proper action plans including the oversight for advanced alerts to PIs of upcoming deadlines for continuation, competitive renewals, progress reports, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that human and animal study protocols are associated with the applicable proposal or award.
- Coordinates transfer of PI grant files into Wash U and to new institutions or new departments.
- Responsible for closure of grant accounts. Works with Grant Specialist (s) to submit final progress report and final invention statement (if applicable) to the appropriate agency.
- Assists PI’s with internal and external requests for grant-related information. In coordination with Grant Specialist(s) creates, addresses, and processes correspondence of moderate to high complexity with granting agencies (i.e. inquiries, carry forward requests, change in effort requests, no cost extensions, equipment purchase, and budget reallocation requests).
- Obtains signatures and forwards grant financial status reports to PI and senior leadership.
- Updates grants lists monthly or when new fund numbers are received.
- Organizes and maintains electronic and hard copy grant files.
- May assist senior leadership in providing recommendations/guidance for research management for preparation of the annual budget and annual payroll.
- Attends training sessions/seminars related to position.
- Assists senior leadership with special projects as requested.
- Works with PIs to provide fund management and make any necessary budgetary changes.
- Identifies and assigns payroll to appropriate sources and enters directly into Workday, with PI approval.
- Approves purchasing documents and provides guidance to purchasing staff on appropriate expenditures according to specific grant policies.
- May appoint trainees to Training Grant. Evaluates level of trainees to assign appropriate stipend and health allowance coverage. Responsible for monitoring spending of each trainee.
- May coordinate the submission and post award activities for clinical trial studies; prepare forms and materials, work with PI and lab manager to prepare budget, obtain pricing quotes from other Departments, draft funding letters, prepare and submit invoices according to final executed contract, track receipt of checks from sponsor and ensure they are deposited to correct fund.
- Manages program income, bridge/seed and institutional funds.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated analytic skills.
- Knowledge of AIS, HRMS, RAPS, FOCUS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, PC, PDS, SUBS, agency guidelines, etc.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting procedures and ability to utilize computerized accounting systems.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in accounting or related field plus experience in grants administration or nine years of combined education and related experience.
$50,500.00 - $86,200.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a Linkedin feature, which allows you to apply by using your Linkedin profile to populate some of the job application fields.
College Financial Officer Cpp, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title College Financial Officer - CPP Posting Number 2023002EP Position Information Classification Title College Financial Officer Working Title College Fi...
Director Program Leading To University Success, Eastern Washington University, United States, 19 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Director - Program Leading to University Success Posting Number 2022125EP Position Information Classification Title Dir-Learning Commons Working Titl...
Program Specialist 2 Academic Scheduler, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title Program Specialist 2 - Academic Scheduler Posting Number 2023001CP Position Information Classification Title Program Specialist 2 Classification Code ...
Program Specialist 2 Financial Wellness Project, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title Program Specialist 2 - Financial Wellness-Project Posting Number 2022093CP Position Information Classification Title Program Specialist 2 Classificati...
Assistant Director For Accommodations, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Title Assistant Director for Accommodations Posting Number 2022105EP Position Information Classification Title Asst Dir-LGBTQ+ Stu Life Working Title Assis...
Assistant Professor Accounting, Eastern Washington University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Working Title Assistant Professor - Accounting Posting Number 2022054FP Position Information Classification Title Assistant Professor Classification Code 8003 RCW E...