Senior Associate Scientist, High-Throughput Protein Production
Pfizer's BioMedicine Design (BMD) High-Throughput Protein Production (HTP) group is seeking a highly motivated scientist to manage and perform antibody expression and purification, from hundreds to thousands of proteins per week. The candidate will play a critical role in production and automation process innovation in a core group that is responsible for high-throughput cloning, expression & purification of antibodies (microgram-to-milligram scale).
The candidate will be part of a team responsible for high throughput automated transfection, purification, quantitation, analytical assessment, and normalization/delivery of protein samples, including conventional antibodies, bispecifics, and occasional non-antibody proteins; data upload in the departmental database/ELNs; and interacting with project teams. The candidate will contribute to group-wide deliverables, work on several projects simultaneously, explore new purification technologies, and present results and updates at group, project, and departmental meetings.
How You Will Achieve It
- High-throughput automated antibody purification, quantitation, analytical SEC, normalization, and redox for bispecific antibody generation utilizing the team's liquid handling automation equipment.
- Optimization of automated processes throughout the HTP workflow
- Maintaining mammalian cell stocks, transfecting and harvesting conditioned medium in small- and micro-scale.
- Managing the purification database, scheduling purifications, and delivering custom arrayed materials to downstream users
- Maintaining & troubleshooting of liquid handlers
- Development of automated bispecific antibody generation methods using different antibody formats
- Close interaction with protein engineering project teams to plan and coordinate protein production
- Presentation of purification data at group & project team meetings
- Regular review of literature to m aintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology and protein production methods
- Bachelor's degree & 2-4 years of experience, or master's degree and 1-2 years of experience, in protein purification, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or a related discipline, along with a basic understanding of antibodies and protein production.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in protein purification
- At least 2 years of experience with using laboratory automation, including writing and troubleshooting protocols
- Track record of strong problem solving and organizational skills, orientation to detail
- A bility to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, work under strict deadlines, and remain flexible with changing needs
- Ability to work effectively to solve process development problems and implement improved procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Tecan, Beckman, and/or Lynx liquid handling platforms
- Industry experience in protein expression/purification/antibodies/ molecular biology
- Experience with high throughput sample tracking and laboratory logistics software
- Experience in writing and understanding methods for laboratory automation technologies.
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
Other Job Details:
- Last Day of application: February 9th, 2023
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise, colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Research Technician, Case Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 7 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. RESEARCH TECHNICIAN, Biology-Case Lab , to join a new research team studying cell signaling. The l...
Research Technician 2, School Of Medicine, Microbiology (23500585570306), Boston University, United States, about 19 hours ago
This individual will be responsible for experiments to investigate the mechanisms of transcription and genome replication of non-segmented negative strand RNA viruses. The research will involve pr...
Technical Associate I, Experimental Biologist (I Ps Cs And Crispr), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 8 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE I, EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGIST (IPSCS AND CRISPR), Computer Science and Artificial ...
Senior Research Technician/Admin, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, United States, 3 days ago
Senior Research Technician/Admin Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Boston, MA Full Time The Fischer Lab at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a Structural and Chemical Biology Lab that combines molecular ...
Automation Research Specialist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 7 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. AUTOMATION RESEARCH ENGINEER, Koch Institute (KI) for Integrative Cancer Research, to support auto...
Technical Associate I, Langer Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 7 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE I, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research-Langer Lab (two openings), ...