Sign On Bonus available for external hires!
Department: Security - UPC
Provide personal protection, safety and security for patients, employees, and visitors in hospital buildings and on premises. Perform ground crew functions for helicopter rescue operations. Transport behavioral health patients. Act as first responder to emergency situations. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. No patient care assignment. Safety-sensitive position.
* AMBULANCE - Assist as needed with ground ambulances
* ASSISTANCE - Provide patient and visitor assistance as required
* AIR - Perform duties of helicopter ground crew including fire suppression
* COLLECTIONS - Perform receipt collections at UNM Hospitals
* DOORS - Lock and unlock of hospital doors in accordance with hours of operation
* DATA - Enter various data into computer and forms, verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy
* ESCORT - Provide escort service to and from medical center offices for all patients, visitors and staff as required
* PATIENT TRANSPORT - Transport patients to and from requesting areas; ensure adherence to all safety measures
* COMMUNICATION - Communicate with patients to inform of reason for transport and to promote learning
* LOG - Maintain a daily log of all encounters, duties or assignments in accordance with department policy
* FIRE RESPONSE - Respond immediately to all reports of fire, smoke and/or fire drills
* PARKING - Provide parking control as assigned to include monitoring and removing unauthorized vehicles in patient or employee parking areas, fire lanes, reserved areas and all restricted areas
* PATROL - Conduct interior and exterior patrols giving special attention to locked and unlocked doors, unauthorized individuals on premises, suspicious people, safety hazards, vandalism, theft and disturbances
* FIRST RESPONDER - Respond to all situations requiring emergency assistance
* FIRST RECEIVER - Perform as hospitals first receivers during incidents, disasters and terrorist events
* PROCEDURES & REGS - Maintain complete awareness of responsibilities concerning current fire and disaster procedures; maintain complete awareness and compliance with all safety regulations
* PROTECTION - Provide personal protection to all patients, visitors or staff in the form of assistance with uncooperative, difficult or violent individuals
* REPORTS - Conduct incident reports on violations of regulations, policies and procedures
* SAFETY - Respond to any situation that may present a safety hazard or risk to people and property
* FIRE SYSTEMS - Monitor, maintain fire systems throughout the Hospitals
* SECURITY SYSTEMS - Monitor security systems; maintain familiarity, knowledge and proficiency with security systems, panic alarms, access systems and reporting programs
* VEHICLES - Safely operate Hospitals vehicles in compliance with all city, State, Federal and University and departmental regulations and/or policies
* WORK ENVIRONMENT - Maintain area and storage area in clean and orderly fashion
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
Related Education and Experience may be substituted for one another on a year for year basis.
* High School or GED Equivalent
2 years directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo Security experience in a hospital setting Computer and data entry skills
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* Int'l Assoc for Healthcare Security & Safety Cert w/in 1Y
* Valid New Mexico Driver's License
* UNM Vehicle Operator's Permit w/in 60 days
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Subject to random alcohol and substance testing
Senior Safety Partner Operations And Inspections, Arizona State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
91728BR Campus: Tempe Fire Prevention Officer Job Description Plans, organizes, evaluates, and implements activities and programs to ensure safe and compliant construction permitting/inspections, ...
Doctoral Student In Fire Safety, Lunds universitet, Sweden, 27 days ago
7 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Lunds universitet Department Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, Building & Environmental Technology Research Field Engineering Researcher Prof...
Security Officer (Part Time), Bellevue University, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Function: The Security Officer provides customer service, greets, assists, and answers inquiries and concerns of employees, students, and visitors. The position is responsible for protect...
Science Lab Technician (Federal Work Study), Bellevue University, United States, 2 days ago
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required o...
Maintenance Crew Person, Bellevue University, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Function: The Maintenance Crewperson is responsible for performing general building maintenance. The maintenance crewperson will also conduct PMCS on pumps, generators, HVAC, and other Uni...
Phlebotomist Prn, Arizona State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
91859BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Phlebotomist PRN Job Description Responsible for the collection of patient biological specimens, including blood samples for research purposes. Job Family Health C...