The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Project Manager (Design) Planning, Construction, and Real Estate [R0127450]
PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1957, UNLV is a doctoral-degree-granting institution comprised of approximately 31,000 students and more than 3,900 faculty and staff. To date, UNLV has conferred more than 136,000 degrees, producing more than 120,000 alumni around the world. UNLV is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as an R1 research university with very high research activity. The university is committed to recruiting and retaining top students and faculty, educating the region's diversifying population and workforce, driving economic activity through increased research and community partnerships, and creating an academic health center for Southern Nevada that includes the launch of a new UNLV School of Medicine. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two satellite campuses in Southern Nevada. For more information, visit us on line at: http://www.unlv.edu
COMMITMENT to DIVERSITY
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment.
ROLE of the POSITION
This position operates under the direct supervision of the Director of Design/Associate University Architect or the Director of Planning and Facility Partnerships and works in collaboration with UNLV Planning and Construction staff to manage planning, programming, design, landscape/hardscape, interior design, furniture/fixtures and equipment, occupant moves, facility partnership and/or construction projects (projects), depending on the specific background and expertise of the incumbent, and keep these projects within scope and on budget and schedule, while maintaining the project quality level required and standards compliance.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects of moderate planning, design, FF&E and construction scope and complexity, i.e. generally between $250,000 and $5M in project cost, although this may vary. The Project Manager participates in strategic project planning and interprets and ensures application of university guidelines and standards. This position is heavily involved in providing direction to the project team. The Project Manager manages the consultant selection process and consultant proposal review; provides documentation in support of contracts, and manages external planning, design, architectural and engineering and other consultants. The Project Manager works with project constituents to develop scope of work, conducts project meetings; visits sites, monitors/supports/ensures contract compliance and closes out projects upon completion. The position is responsible for maintaining quality level in all project phases and efforts. The position will independently manage and coordinate the processes for a variety of projects, assuring consultant, contractor and University compliance.
The Project Manager may provide project management support and coordination services, for projects of higher levels of scope and complexity, under the direct project oversight of a Senior Project Manager or Director, during the planning, programming, design, procurement, contracting, plan review, construction, FF&E delivery/installation and closeout phases of the University capital improvement program, University-funded projects and facility partnership projects, as is applicable.
This position will manage processes for a variety of campus projects to support consultant, vendor and contractor compliance with project planning, scope, design, specifications, UNLV guidelines and standards, policies and procedures, established industry construction standards, project schedules and budgets.
More specific typical duties and activities for this position include the following, either managed directly by the Project Manager, or in support of a Senior Project Manager or Director:
- User and Stakeholder Management: Typically expected to work with users/stakeholders at both the working level and at department head levels, for general project management, conflict resolution and other matters.
- Vendor/Contractor Supervision: This position may oversee/monitor performance of design professionals, consultants, general and subcontractors and FF&E suppliers/installers.
- Project Definition: Meet with project users and stakeholders to develop, finalize and manage planning, budgeting, scheduling, cost estimates, specifications and other information regarding project planning, design, bidding, and construction management. Ensure scope complies with campus standards.
- Consultant and Vendor Selection: Manages consultant and vendor selection processes and scope/fee negotiations for department related items.
- Project Bid/Solicitation Activities: Manages preparation of bidding/solicitation information development and documentation, bid response/proposal evaluation and award support, for department related items, in close coordination with Purchasing and Contracting staff.
- Project Contracting: Assist with preparation of contracts for consultants, contractors and vendors, in close coordination with Purchasing and Contracting staff.
- Project Management: Manages multiple projects involving university departments, planning/design/architectural/engineering firms, contractors, vendors, state agencies and other entities. Determines, in consultation with supervisor, project scope, schedule, quality and budgets, and that these items meet expectations through all project phases. Manages contracts for consultants, contractors and vendors for project delivery. Conducts project meetings with departments, contractors, vendors, and architectural/engineering firms. Manages work with external planning/design/architectural/engineering and other consultants. Conducts site visits to project sites, to review progress and ensure compliance with design and construction documents. Ensures that nonconformance with plans and quality of work situations are addressed with contractors and appropriate remedies are implemented. Applies significant level of professional judgement and expertise in project management interpretations and duties. Conducts final inspections and close-out for assigned projects. Responsible for all financial project management on projects (estimates, budgets, purchase order management, other items.) Responsible for project reviews and approvals, both internal and external. Manages the review and processing of change orders, requests for information, general construction correspondence, and invoice review, as-is applicable.
This position may have supervisory duties for classified, professional and/or student staff. This position may have other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management or a related discipline, from a regionally accredited college or university, and five (5) years of related or comparable professional experience. Credentials must be obtained prior to the start of employment.
- Experience in higher education, institutional or similar/related project experience.
- Significant experience for projects in the $250K to $5M +/- project cost range preferred.
- Applicants with accredited degrees in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, engineering, or a related discipline, who plan to or are currently pursuing professional licensure and/or certification in those disciplines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc...), AutoCAD, BIM software and project management software/systems.
VACCINATION MANDATE POLICY
Per the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Emergency COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Policy, all NSHE employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious waiver request. All candidates for employment must have this information on file with Human Resources prior to their start date. Information about how the policy applies to new hires is now available on the COVID-19 Employee Vaccine Mandate webpage.
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.
Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications, because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates' materials will begin on November 15, 2021 and best consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to that date. Materials should be addressed to John Treston, Search Committee Chair, and are to be submitted online. We do not accept emailed materials. For assistance with the application process, please contact UNLV Human Resources at (702) 895-3504 or UNLVJobs@unlv.edu .
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERNAL NSHE CANDIDATES
UNLV employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at UNLV and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number, "R0127450" in the search box.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
SAFETY AND SECURITY STATEMENT
UNLV is committed to assisting all members of the UNLV community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report compliance document is available online.
UNLV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. The University of Nevada, Las Vegas employs only United States citizens and non-citizens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Women, under-represented groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
TITLE IX STATEMENT
UNLV does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities, including admissions, on the basis of sex/gender pursuant to Title IX, or on the basis of age (40 or older), disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, color or religion pursuant to Title 4, Chapter 8, Section 13 of the NSHE Handbook. Reports of discriminatory misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and/or concerns about noncompliance with Title IX or any other anti-discrimination laws or policies should be directed to UNLV's Title IX Coordinator Michelle Sposito. The Title IX Coordinator can be reached through the online reporting form, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , by phone at (702) 895-4055, by mail at 4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 451062, Las Vegas, NV, 89154-1062, or in person at Frank and Estella Beam Hall (BEH), Room 555.
Resume and cover letter
UNLV is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action educator and employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. The University of Nevada, Las Vegas employs only United States citizens and non-citizens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Women, under-represented groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Collection And Systematization Of Scientific And Design Documentation Relating To Digital Museum..., Università di Firenze - Dipartimento di Architettura, Italy, 2 days ago
The required activities are framed in the research activities developed by the Laboratory of Ergonomics and Design LED, of Department of Architecture, aimed at the development and application of s...
Architectural Technologist Ii, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
General Technical Coordinator Of The Eco Project, ISGLOBAL, Spain, 5 days ago
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a global health institute addressing public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad ...
Director, Creative Services, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 15 days ago
Reports to: Senior Director, Marketing Communications Project Purpose: The job holder of creative services oversees all aspects of the branding, design and visual representation of the Universit...
Educational Specialists (Ref. Teodor), Universitat de Barcelona, Spain, 8 days ago
We offer an exciting position within the Eramus + project TEODOR Funded by EU. Organ donation and transplantation has become an established practice, bringing considerable benefits to thousands of...
Senior Research Specialist Department Of Medicine, Division Of Endocrinology, Diabetes, And Metabolism (Job Id #156531), University of Illinois, United States, about 23 hours ago
Research • Develop objectives and design of research and data collection procedures. Conceptualize, initiate and execute research goals for project. • Conduct and coordinate advanced research expe...