Job Title:Program Assistant IV- Sport Management Program, College of Arts and Sciences
Job Summary:Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean for Social Sciences, and under the direction of the Directors, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time secretarial support services to the Sport Management graduate program. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for full- and part-time faculty. Some evening hours required.
Full Job Description:
● Organizes work and sets priorities, and manages program office under the general guidance of the Chair/Directors.
● Helps create a warm, welcoming environment and assists faculty, students, staff and other visitors to the office.
● Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
● Receives and screens a variety of calls and emails. Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of University, College and program(s) academic policies and procedures.
● Modifies and devises office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate, to implement changes.
● Handles confidential, sensitive materials relating to faculty, students and other issues.
● Provides administrative support for professional and scholarly activities of the faculty.
● Assists with planning and coordinating events and meetings for the program.
● Processes invoices and purchases supplies and other support for the program.
● Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
● Creates or inputs, revises, stores, retrieves, edits and prints a variety of (sometimes confidential) documents, reports, or records using word processing software. Prepares and does minor editing of manuscripts (e.g., technical manuscripts, those written in a foreign language), reports, grant proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, class schedules, tests, and course syllabi and manuals, as well as routine program correspondence.
● Sets up, maintains and revises record-keeping procedures and files as appropriate for the program.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Post high school education preferred.
● Four years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative support work or related education, including at least two years in a senior administrative support role.
● Must be able to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
● Ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
● Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
● Must be able to deal with faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public with tact, discretion, and courtesy; contribute to professional environment.
● Experience in student services/student advising preferred.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
● Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with accuracy.
● Must be flexible and readily adaptable to change, have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize masses of detail.
● Must have or quickly develop an understanding of academic policy and administrative operations.
● Ability to use desktop publishing software and equipment to design and produce high-quality publications preferred.
● Previous experience in an educational, multicultural setting preferred.
● Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of academic policy and administrative operations as well as credible stature with members of the academic community and public.
Program Assistant, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 19 days ago
Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The Division of Geriatrics seeks to recruit a part-time Program Assistant. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) or Program Manager, the Program Assist...
Dissemination Assistant, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 9 days ago
21-May-2020 Psychiatry / ZSFG / Division of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (ICAP) Full Time 55290BR Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The Dissemination Assistant provides administrative support fo...
Social Work Associate, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 23 days ago
30-Apr-2020 ZSFG Psychiatry/Division of Citywide Case Management Programs – Citywide Forensics Team Full Time 55231BR Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The Social Work Associate (SWA) will be assigned to t...
Staff Research Associate I, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 9 days ago
Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The Staff Research Associate I (SRA I) is a laboratory-based position in a group focused on translational research investigating mechanisms of airway disease using both cl...
Research Assistant, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, 9 days ago
Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry Division has an opening for a Research Assistant. The Molecular Foundry has an opportunity for a Research Assistant to work with the staff of the Molecular Foundry...
Staff Research Associate I, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 3 days ago
29-Apr-2020 Microbiology and Immunology Part Time 55228BR Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW Under direct supervision and training, the Staff Research Associate I (SRA I) will be working as part of a multid...