Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for Newly Hired Team Members**
Work Location: Duke University Hospital - Inpatient Pediatric Pharmacy; Durham, NC
- Full-Time (40-hours/week)
- Day Shifts (7:00am – 3:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Occasional weekends & weekend on-call
General Description of the Job Class
- Perform under supervision a variety of technical duties related to the preparing and dispensing of drugs according to standard procedures and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Prepare intravenous admixtures or other sterile products (including chemotherapy and other hazardous agents).
- Prepare oral solution/suspension medications (including chemotherapy and other hazardous agents).
- Fill physician orders/prescriptions, medication carts, or stock requisitions.
- Deliver medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas.
- Answer telephones and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Provide technical support for automated equipment (Omnicell Robotics).
- Maintain logs, records, and other required documentation. File documentation in the appropriate location.
- Complete and document all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly.
- Label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate patient care locations.
- Receive and triage information requests; research and provide information where appropriate; refer other inquiries to pharmacist.
- Inventory, order, receive and stock drugs and supplies.
- Retrieve discontinued or expired medications from stock and patient areas; discard or return to stock as appropriate; complete corresponding documentation.
- Serve as a primary training resource for new technicians and assist in evaluating their progress as directed; may assist in preparing schedules, setting work priorities and making work assignments as directed.
- Assist in documentation of unit-specific procedures and quality assurance activities under Pharmacist's review.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein
- Pharmacy Tech I: High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited pharmacy technician-training program. or Acceptance into pharmacy school. or High school diploma or equivalent and one year of pharmacy or health care related experience.
- Pharmacy Tech II: High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited pharmacy technician-training program. or Acceptance into pharmacy school. or High school diploma or equivalent and one year of pharmacy or health care related experience.
- Pharmacy Tech I: N/A
- Pharmacy Tech II: Minimum of one years related experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Pharmacy Tech I: Must be registered with the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy within the first 180 days.
- Pharmacy Tech II: North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration is required. Pharmacy Technician certification is required from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or The Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Pharmacy Technician, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 19 days ago
Details Posted: 06-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 260701 Vacancy ID: P017744 Position Summary/Description: Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacis...
Educational Technology Technician, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 12 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-Information and Educ Tech-450186 Career Area Information Technology Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 09/05/2023 App...
Director Of Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 8 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-Finance-450182 Career Area Accounting/Finance/Auditing Posting Open Date 09/07/2023 Application Deadline 09/21/2023 Open Until Filled No Posi...
Director Of Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-Finance-450182 Career Area Accounting/Finance/Auditing Posting Open Date 09/07/2023 Application Deadline 09/28/2023 Open Until Filled No Posi...
Professional Nurse Temporary, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 21 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services - 650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Posting Open Date 08/31/2023 Application Deadline 09/0...
Research Specialist Dr. Sam Lai's Lab, Dpmp, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SOP-DPMP-452400 Career Area Research Professionals Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 08/28/2023 Application Deadline 09/...