SOM Wichita Pediatrics
Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Physician
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology and Oncology at the University of Kansas School of Medicine—Wichita is seeking a candidate for a full time faculty position to join an existing team of pediatric hematology/oncology physicians. Candidates will have earned a D.O., M.D., or equivalent and be board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. The position offers an exciting opportunity to practice evidence-based medicine in a rapidly growing multidisciplinary Pediatric Hematology and Oncology program in affiliation with our primary clinical partner, Wesley Children’s Hospital. A successful candidate must have an interest in practicing both hematology and oncology in an academic program. The candidate will integrate with the inpatient teams, all pediatric subspecialties, residents and medical students. The program boasts strong focus in caring for the patient and family through a comprehensive team including a pediatric hematology oncology pharmacist, social worker, dietician, APHON certified and chemotherapy certified infusion nurses, and child life.
The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita (KUSM-W) Department of Pediatrics is a robust, diverse and thriving group of dedicated generalist, specialist, hospitalist and newborn providers delivering pediatric clinical care, education, scholarship and advocacy as part of our medical school campus, one of three in the University of Kansas system. The Wichita campus serves over 200 medical students and boasts state of the art technical capabilities including a new simulation center. The KUSM-W Department of Pediatrics collaborates extensively in the community and region to provide general and tertiary care to the children and families in the Western two-thirds of the state.
Wichita, Kansas is located in the heart of America and is the largest city in Kansas. It has small town friendliness along with all the amenities of a large city including diverse restaurants and entertainment, minor league baseball and hockey teams, great shopping, and close proximity to the country. The metropolitan area of more than 640,000 has great public and private schools and is a family friendly city.
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, dental, vision, employer paid life insurance, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty leave, military leave, paid parental leave, retirement plan. More information https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
- MD or DO Degree
- Board eligible or certified in Pediatrics
- Board eligible or certified in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Special interest in the area of hematology
- Previous experience teaching in an academic setting
Job Duties Outlined:
Patient Care – 80%
- Provide direct patient care for outpatient infants, children, and adolescents.
- Provide consultation on inpatient infants, children and adolescents in collaboration with our hospitalist and critical care teams.
- Work in conjunction with pediatric subspecialists, including anesthesia, cardiology, critical care, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, neurology, nephrology, oncology, orthopedics, radiology, and surgery, to provide effective and integrated care.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety activities to improve efficiency, safety and clinical outcomes for patients.
- Maintain board certification in pediatrics and pediatric hematology/oncology.
Seek opportunities for collaboration with our hospital partners.
Teaching – 10%
- Educate, supervise, and participate in the evaluation process of residents, medical students, and other allied health trainees.
- Assist with the development of Hematology/Oncology residency curriculum
Research/Scholarly Activities - 10%
- Participate in scholarly activities to the extent that ACGME criteria for “core faculty” are met; these include traditional scholarly products(i.e. publications, poster presentations) as well as invited presentations (i.e. grand rounds, professional or academic society conferences) and significant educations leadership roles (i.e. curriculum development).
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, duties, and assignments. Furthermore, job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Cover Letter
Assistant Professor Mft, Friends University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Assistant Professor MFT Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email Print AddThis Job Description Friends University invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-tr...
Programmer/Analyst, Friends University, United States, 17 days ago
Programmer/Analyst Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job Job Description Friends University is committed to work-life balance for its employees by offering flex work options, up to 4 weeks...
Cashier, Friends University, United States, 6 days ago
Cashier Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email Print AddThis Job Description Friends University is committed to work-life balance for its employees by offeri...
Campus Ministry Cooordinator, Friends University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Campus Ministry Cooordinator Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email Print AddThis Job Description Friends University is committed to work-life balance for it...
Fy23 Student Worker It Support, Friends University, United States, 2 days ago
FY23 Student Worker - IT Support Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email Print AddThis Job Description Support campus faculty and staff with classroom and lab...
Cashier, Friends University, United States, 7 days ago
Cashier Wichita-KS Apply View All Jobs Share This Job