Department: Operating Room
Provides a variety of housekeeping services to maintain a safe and clean environment in the Operating Room, Recovery Room, and associated areas. Provide safe and timely patient transportation and additional non-patient pick-up and delivery service in assigned area. Ensures adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Patient care assignment may include; Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* ORDER - Inventory and order various stock supplies; scrub brushes, masks, shoe covers, saline, sterile water, cleaning solutions, boots etc.
* CLEAN - Clean assigned area by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, equipment, washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, vents and windows with appropriate germicidal solutions
* CLEAN - Sweep and mop floor areas using appropriate solutions
* SANITATION - Performs terminal cleaning procedures of Operating rooms and prepares room for next case; follows established guidelines
* SANITATION - Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials
* SANITATION - Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers
* PATIENT TRANSPORT - Transport patients to and from requesting areas; ensure adherence to all safety measures
* PROCEDURES - Ensure timely completion of tasks according to departmental policies and procedures
* WASTE - Collect hazardous waste using established procedures
* TRANSPORT - Transport hazardous waste in a special closed container to the waste garbage for sterilization before disposal
* CLEAN - Clean equipment and notify manager of equipment needing repair; request additional cleaning supplies as needed; report safety hazards to supervisor
* SUPPLIES - Ensure cleaning equipment and supplies are returned to janitor closet after use
* EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES - Assemble suctions, clean and remake stretchers, stock and check par levels of blankets and pillows in warmers, and stock personnel protection equipment
* EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES - Stocks masks, shoe covers, and soap supplies at scrub sinks
* FURNITURE & EQUIP - Arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area
* INFORMATION - Obtain all essential information from nurse regarding patient condition prior to transporting patient
* COMMUNICATION - Communicate with patient to advise reason for transport and instruct patient on transport protocol
* TRANSPORT - Communicate with unit staff to ensure patient is ready for transport and maintain unit patient sign-in/sign-out sheets
* POLICY & PROCEDURE - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* PATIENT CARE - Assist in surgical prepping, transferring and positioning patients
* High School or GED Equivalent
1/2 year (6 months) directly related experience
Operating room environment
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
Housekeeper, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Level 1, part-time appointment (0.85 FTE/ 31 hours pw) on an fixed term basis to December 2022 Salary range (total package): $54,660 – $56,854 p.a. (pro rata) + 17% Super The University of Western...
Facilities Coordinator, Lincoln University, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Sign in Search jobs Search Show all jobs Keyword or Job Code Locations Any Work type Any Expertise Any show advanced Search email@example.com Print Email this job to a friend Apply Facilities ...
Laboratory Technician (Autoclave), UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
FHMS Faculty Admin Location: Guildford Salary: £26,444 to £27,979 minimum per annum Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 24 September 2023 Reference: 045223 The University ...
Quality Control Lab Tech Assistant, Novartis, United States, 20 days ago
Job Description With 64 manufacturing sites in 26 countries, our aspiration is to become the top manufacturer of innovative and generic medicines in the industry! As the Quality Control (QC) Lab T...
Development And Application Of Educational And Empowering Models Aimed At Promoting Healthy And Sustainable Diets, Università degli studi di Parma, Italy, 13 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli studi di Parma Research Field Medical sciences » Medicine Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) Fir...
Associate Health Physicist, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
06-Sep-2023 Campus Services 63724BR Job Summary As a member of the Radiation Safety Services’ team, Associate Health Physicists (AHPs) provide technical expertise and professional guidance for the...