Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Hospital – Adult Medicine Stepdown Unit (4300)
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Adult General Medicine Intermediate/Stepdown Unit (4300) is comprised of 31beds. Our team of nursing staff provide exemplary care for a variety of complex patients with diagnosis such as Sepsis, Sickle Cell, GI Bleed, End Stage Renal Failure, Diabetes, Cirrhosis and Behavioral Health Disorders.
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 3-5
- 3 DAISY Awards – for providing extraordinary compassionate care to their patients and families every day!
- Strengths in teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and professional respect – we offer a dynamic environment for professional development.
- Procedures/treatments frequently performed include diabetes management, pain management, wound care, telemetry, oxygen therapy, blood product administration, and IV management of fluids and medications.
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body systems, and robust care management skills.
You will work full time: 3, 12 hour shifts, 7p - 7a, working Saturday and Sunday night and one night during the week. Weekend Option. 36 hours per week.
What you will do:
Nurse , UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, about 23 hours ago
Classification Title: Nurse Working Title: Nurse Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: **This position is eligible for a $1,250 sign-on bonus, to be paid within 90 days of...
Nurse, University of North Carolina, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department ASOD Oral Maxillofacial Surg-434200 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open...
Collection Analysis Librarian, Duke University Libraries, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -DUL -CAL [#22132] Position Title: Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Library Appl Deadline:2022/09/19 11:59PM (posted 2022/07/1...
Electronic Access Specialist, Duke Univ. Press, Duke University Press, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Duke University -Duke University Press -ELECTRONICACCESS [#22391, 207030] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27701, United States [map ] Subj...
Chief, Division Of Pediatric Surgery, University of North Carolina, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Surgery - Pediatric - 414025 Posting Open Date 08/09/2022 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Titl...
Associate In Research, Biomedical Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -AIRCOLLIER8322 [#22247, 1420] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedical Engineering ...